Auto Folding Wing Mirrors

Lol, challenges like that to these two are nothing :rofl: compooter says no, then gets scared and changes its mind :uh run:

I will happily give it to you if you can make it work would make a lot of people very happy i think

@StudleyGlass I think the easiest way would be a module swap to an 'L' revisions, this way saves any cutting and running in of new wires and adding third party modules (which could also invalidate any warranties if it caused damage), looking over the wiring diagrams would have to be done but im sure from checking last time all the pin assignments are the same

Appreciate the help @Adams but changing and flashing things is what i do to the wife only ;):whistle:

Hi all, sorry for the intrusion.

ciclo, from here ciclo's Polo. R-line 1.2 TSI 90hp 119gr. - UK-POLOS.NET - THE UK VW Polo Forum

In addition to what has already been commented by Adams :) (Byte2 Bit1 enabled in both door units + re-set the comfort function - owner manual -)

BCM Byte3 Bit7 is mandatory. (enabled)

If it does not work on your T6 it is due to the new software of the door units. 0653 (Q - RHD, N - LHD)

I've tested your BCM coding (full) today on my 6R. (currently with the same BCM, folding mirrors, etc...)

This guy is a legend, I've spent 2 days looking through his thread and what he doesn't no about coding the BCM isn't worth knowing
Thanks to him tonight I have succeeded in changing my DRL's to fog lights so now I don't have the cross eyed look anymore:)

@galet , would be I presume, nice to know how, but you would also want to be able to back up your current modules coding software in case you had to go back..

@galet , yes that was my hope, but after speaking to VCP they say not possible over OBD, that doesn't mean it's not possible other ways, direct reading/writing onto chip

When trying to buy the door control unit for example on eb*y, it's almost impossible to know which software revision they are and if they are designed for folding mirrors or not. Or is there any possibility to find out?

It seems its down to the suffix letter at the end all modules are either 7E0959801 or 7E0959802 dependant on vehicle side, this would appear to be the numbers for RHD vehicle but this is not confirmed just the pattern from the vehicle scans i have/have seen
7E0 959 801 K - Euro 5 non folding
7E0 959 801 L - Euro 5 power folding
7E0 959 801 P - Euro 6 non folding
7E0 959 801 Q - Euro 6 power folding

@Loz , you need to select 'Comfort function' in BCM as ciclo suggests
BCM Byte3 Bit7 is mandatory. (enabled)

from your autoscan, it shows Byte3 Bit7 is not selected

Your new coding (with it selected)
B8AC39BA4B61341293284F207EEB9F54C094738960CD79603204003F0860

I know @Loz doesnt need this but for others reading this is the box in question viewed from the long coding helper
I think this is the offender that stopped @Amped from getting it working 1st time round

IMG_3301.JPG

Here is inside the window modules ( this is a K rev), this isnt one for folding mirrors hence the missing marked pins, diode and (a guess) stepper motor controller (yellow square), so maybe its possible to read the data from the processor that is present in the picture (obviously from an L rev) and write it to a Q revwindow modules 11.jpg

Back