Auto Folding Wing Mirrors

T6dder

Web/graphic designer
T6 Guru
Did anyone ever find a way too automatically make the wind mirrors open/close with the door locks or similar?

Accordingly to a thread on the ross tech forum that I last checked a couple weeks ago it was not possible at that time

350 is ridiculous if it doesn't need parts, and if it is possible with no hardware then it will be common knowledge soon enough

There has to be a way surely. you can do it on the t5 , i have a few guys it with there T5 done. Is the t6 a lot different in that electrics way then?

Electric/canbus system has been revised somewhat
I'm sure some of it will be the same but there are new control modules for several of the systems and I read somewhere the mirrors are coded from a different sub system to that of the t5.1 but I don't actually know
There's a thread on it on the Ross tech VCDS forums

350 is ridiculous if it doesn't need parts, and if it is possible with no hardware then it will be common knowledge soon enough

This was adding relays etc, so not just time for coding.

I might miles, depends on time, need to prep T5 for summer trip. Maybe in the winter I'll have a bash at it.

Back on the subject of auto mirrors (well kind of) is it or do we think it will be possible to get the near mirror to tilt down when reversing like in our Audi?

well i think your hoping there @Rob (would be good ) we cant ever get them to auto fold when you switch the engine off! I have only had the van a few days and its anoying me , keep forgeting to switch them.

im hoping for a fix will come along soon.

well i think your hoping there @Rob (would be good ) we cant ever get them to auto fold when you switch the engine off! I have only had the van a few days and its anoying me , keep forgeting to switch them.

Ha ha ha ha :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I did find out by accident you can still fold them after engine is switched off as long as you haven't opened the door.

I had another look at the tread on ross-tech were the guy from ross was getting a t6 and was going to see how to do it but that comment was in may and nothing else yet . He's hoping if he wants one build! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Back