Are you waiting for a new van ?

Any news on your build??
Nope , I emailed VW UK direct last week then after a few days you just get the same old reply. Blah blah blah covid blah blah showrooms now open blah blah blah. But no info on my van. They say to contact my dealer but surely the dealer will only speak to them anyway

Emden is jammed with vehicles and they only started running the boats again in the last week. Built customer orders are now taking priority.
I have vehicles that are sat there since March that we won’t see till July!

Emden is jammed with vehicles and they only started running the boats again in the last week. Built customer orders are now taking priority.
I have vehicles that are sat there since March that we won’t see till July!
I'm resigned to the fact it'll be after sept, not VW s fault I suppose but I'm sure they could do a better job of keeping us all informed.

Difficult trying to work out of my wife's Audi A3.

I had a call from my dealer this week to tell me my new Caravelle is due to hit UK docks on August 9th (originally assigned bot build week 17). I was also told by VWCC that all 12-17 build week orders should clear the factory by end of July. Fingers crossed it arrives in good time as I am planning of going to Cornwall at the end of August!

Everyone I know is planning on heading to Cornwall in August, think half the uk is going to be there :oops:

Everyone I know is planning on heading to Cornwall in August, think half the uk is going to be there :oops:
I think you may be right - better hit the A38 at the crack of dawn to avoid the usual squeeze after Plymouth! I booked a cottage just outside Looe last year so hoping i can still go. Will just give all the touristy spots a wide berth!

Yeatesy

10 minutes ago
I just thought I would let you all know my timescale for new vehicle.

I ordered a new Caravelle on 3rd February 2020 for delivery approx end of April. Unfortunately VW Factory and dealer shut down due to virus. I emailed dealership in March to cancel factory fitted mud flaps but heard nothing after a week. I called them and a girl answered and said only a few of them working. She checked with VW and said I could not change order, and I told her the vehicle had not been built yet and I was within my time limit to make any changes to my order before the due build date. Haven’t heard anything from dealer so I called them on 3rd June 2020. Spoke to manager and he confirmed vehicle was built at the end of May and was sat in VW Germany. He said there was back log of vehicles at port waiting to be shipped to the UK and it would be another 4 to 5 weeks before they would receive it at the dealership. I called them again today 3rd July 2020 for an update as I hadn’t heard anything. Manager said vehicle still sat a port awaiting shipping to UK. He said delivery is looking like first week in August which is another 4 to 5 weeks away.

I think I will wait for the new 70 plate in September now as per some of you.

This is the first new VW I have ordered and find the customer service not very good. I have ordered many other new cars in the past and never had to chase them for information.

Back