Are T6 headrests made for giants?

eetmw

T6 Pro
Just got a T6 caravelle, it’s lovely but are the front seats made for giant people. I’m 6’3 and the headrest on the lowest height towers above my head :)
Cheers
Toby

That’s what I meant, maybe I just have shocking posture or need to adjust my seat and sit up straight!
Cheers
Toby

I agree, the head rests are in really weird position, takes a bit of getting used to.

I wasn't aware that head rests were fitted to vehicles, they have always been head restraints - two different things. Designed to prevent the head from getting snapped backwards in a rear-ender.
Why do the manufacturers clad them in lovely soft warm leather then? And heat them for cold mornings? And allow adjustments for the headrest to wrap and cosset softly around your ears.....Surely not for giving you a pleasant experience when your heads being snapped off....they are headrests in my book!!

I wasn't aware that head rests were fitted to vehicles, they have always been head restraints - two different things. Designed to prevent the head from getting snapped backwards in a rear-ender.
Should never have allowed the marketeers call them “head rests”!

I’m pretty sure my head never touches mine when I’m driving.

Mine doesn't, why you would want your head and therefore your view and hearing restricted? I wouldn't want to compromise my driving ability.

Why do the manufacturers clad them in lovely soft warm leather then? And heat them for cold mornings? And allow adjustments for the headrest to wrap and cosset softly around your ears.....Surely not for giving you a pleasant experience when your heads being snapped off....they are headrests in my book!!
I have never driven a vehicle like that and wouldn't wish to either. I like to stay alert without being lulled off to sleep by warmth and having my head cocooned.

Should never have allowed the marketeers call them “head rests”!
Im pretty sure they dont.
VW certainly call them restraints.
also they say they should be adjusted as close to the head as possible. Dont mention touching.
image.jpg

Just got a T6 caravelle, it’s lovely but are the front seats made for giant people. I’m 6’3 and the headrest on the lowest height towers above my head :)
Cheers
Toby
You either sit in a strange position or ….

i am 6’ and the top if the restraint is level with my eyes in its lowest position.

Why do the manufacturers clad them in lovely soft warm leather then? And heat them for cold mornings? And allow adjustments for the headrest to wrap and cosset softly around your ears.....

I don’t think I’ve ever seen any head restraints that “wrap around your ears” do you have any pictures?
The adjustment is to minimise the the distance your head will go back in the event of a rear impact.

Im pretty sure they dont.
VW certainly call them restraints.
also they say they should be adjusted as close to the head as possible. Dont mention touching.
View attachment 130164
Sorry, I want criticising VW or anyone. What I meant was how they were called (referred to as) head rests when they were introduced! Salesmen used to refer to how they made the car more comfortable rather than talk of the safety element!!! I remember my father having the debate that they should head “arrests” as they “arrest” the head snap….! It was a big deal back then - I was born in the 60s!!!

I don’t think I’ve ever seen any head restraints that “wrap around your ears” do you have any pictures?
The adjustment is to minimise the the distance your head will go back in the event of a rear impact.
Sooooo
soft and warm.

20210915_111152.jpg

20210915_111135.jpg

20210915_111128.jpg

I have never driven a vehicle like that and wouldn't wish to either. I like to stay alert without being lulled off to sleep by warmth and having my head cocooned.
I'm 2800 miles into a trip to Portugal, through France, and Spain to get there, and back....the only folks falling asleep are the spainish and French in their bloody Citroën and Seats...all with very uncomfortable headrests I might add. Ahhhh the comfort....snoooooorrrrr.

Sorry, I want criticising VW or anyone. What I meant was how they were called (referred to as) head rests when they were introduced! Salesmen used to refer to how they made the car more comfortable rather than talk of the safety element!!! I remember my father having the debate that they should head “arrests” as they “arrest” the head snap….! It was a big deal back then - I was born in the 60s!!!
No need to apologise. Funny how memories are different I remember them being called head restraints and then it getting shortened to head rests, I always thought it was because its easier to say.
As it happens I was defending VW or anyone else, it was just coincidence I ha the VW manual at hand.

Back