Are Halfrauds winding me up?? Poor DAB signal: powered aerials, LED bulbs and Dash Cams

GavMc P11GT

So I’ve been a bit miffed with the DAB quality in the van checked all connections with the mirror antenna in the mirror it’s self and the door. All seems well however I’m not running the standard head unit I have a Kenwood and they claim that the driver side door mirror is no good even though I have it connected via an adapter.

Apparently the standard antenna doesn’t get any power as it’s designed to work with the VAG head units.

They have instead said I should use the window sticker type that come with the head unit?

Surely that cannot be right??

Below is the adapter I’m using?

B50A563A-E784-4832-93AA-B4CF814455D7.jpeg

Well it depends on the arial it came with you get passive (non powered) and active (powered).

That said I've fitted several aftermarket headunits to T6s some are forum members ( @T6ARF for example) and used the factory aerial with no issues.

Don't bother with the sticky window one they ait the best ............i fitted a shark fin one on the roof from Jason @Absolut5 and it has yet to drop the signal anywhere.
I'd disagree there. The shark fins are great but they aren't cheap either.

If the paint is removed and the aerial install correctly they work fine. Also depends on if you have a heated windscreen, if you do only real option is the shark fin as the elements in the screen interfere with the aerial.

I'd disagree there. The shark fins are great but they aren't cheap either.

If the paint is removed and the aerial install correctly they work fine. Also depends on if you have a heated windscreen, if you do only real option is the shark fin as the elements in the screen interfere with the aerial.
I have a heated screen so maybe that's why mine was poor. As for shark fin cost, for me around £100 was worth it for near perfect DAB .

Last edited:
Don't bother with the sticky window one they ait the best ............i fitted a shark fin one on the roof from Jason @Absolut5 and it has yet to drop the signal anywhere.
I had thought about one of those but don’t wanna drill into my pop top

The aerial that come with it is just a single cable there’s a strip that goes to the body (bare metal) then the bit that goes on the glass! We do have a heated screen though!

Is there a way to get the door mirror amplified I noticed a small module in the driver mirror I guess that is an amp but probably no good if what Halfords wifey said is true?

I was debating one of these to try and boost signal. Anyone tried these?

86428088-0585-4861-A3BF-D3C04FAF0A1A.jpeg

I’ve recently fitted LED headlights and taillights. Ever since, my reception is absolutely shocking. It was ok before. Stations I used to listen to are now very patchy at best. What options do I have? I have a heated screen so would it be a fin? Thanks

I’ve recently fitted LED headlights and taillights. Ever since, my reception is absolutely shocking. It was ok before. Stations I used to listen to are now very patchy at best. What options do I have? I have a heated screen so would it be a fin? Thanks
You could just choose what's more important between LED lights or DAB reception.

I've never had a problem with the THQ LED bulbs. You get what you pay for though

Very common issue, see this nealry every week with aftermarket lights/bulbs

Back