ARB Air Compressor install T6 Caravelle

moodsterT6

T6 Caravelle - Day Van - Occasional Camper
T6 Pro
Installed an ARB air compressor into our Caravelle. For years we’ve used a portable 12V compressor which served us well but having an semi permanent mounted one is awesome. I have 2 X 6M hoses so can reach all the tyres on the van, my wife’s car, the Caravan without needing to move the van. Can also reach the bikes in the garage.

It’s bolted to the side of my storage platform and powered from the leisure battery.

It will inflate my wife’s RED paddle board to 20PSI in about 12 minutes. We can also use it to inflate the air awning.

I chose to mount it in the space above the NS rear wheel and it faces the sliding door. I did this as it’s not always possible to open the rear tailgate, either due to clearance or the bikes being mounted to the bike rack.

Very pleased with it. It does get really warm, I added a peace of aluminium to act as a heat shield for the cables above it.
1656660553530.jpeg
1656660571630.jpeg

1656660591766.jpeg

1656660610645.jpeg

The hoses and pressure gauges etc live in the storage drawer under the 2nd row single seat

1656660685813.jpeg
1656660703536.jpeg

Not needing to move the portable compressor around (and the 12V extension lead) has been a game changer. So much easier just drag the hoses around.

It pulls 25 AMPs off the leisure battery whilst it’s running.

The one I have is the single one CKMA12

%2Fmedia%2Fcatalog%2Fproduct%2Fa%2Fr%2Farbckma12_4.jpg

ARB High Output Compressor 12v

Permanently mounted, this water, dust, heat and shock resistant compressor can be used to activate Air Lockers and will perform a number of other functions with an optional tyre inflation kit sold separately.
devon4x4.com%2Fmedia%2Ffavicon%2Fdefault%2Ffavicon.png www.devon4x4.com

I didn’t have room for the The twin version and it pulls nearly 50AMPS when running.

I also brought the ARB tyre inflation kit

2Fmedia%2Fcatalog%2Fproduct%2Fa%2Fr%2Farbrd-171302.jpg

ARB Pump Up Kit

Designed by ARB engineers for maximum air flow.
devon4x4.com%2Fmedia%2Ffavicon%2Fdefault%2Ffavicon.png www.devon4x4.com

but for bike tyres I needed a Schrader to Presta valve adaptor. I found before the ARB pressure valve would take a reading for the PSI you first need to inflate the tyre a little to depress the presta valve.

Cheer’s.

thanks for sharing this, been looking at getting one of these to aid with my mountain biking stuff.

Back