Pete C

VIP Member
T6 Legend
We have the standard base radio unit in our Trendline T6, which to be honest did everything we wanted, until I discovered Apple CarPlay on our new Skoda.

So, simple question - what's the best ICE unit to get that supports CarPlay ?

Stunning audio performance is not the highest priority, but a reputable manufacturer who will support CarPlay as it evolves through iOS versions is.
Support for a rear camera in the future could be useful too.

Thanks,

Pete

Kenwood DMX7018 works well. We’ve fitted a few now but not to a T6 as of yet. Very good value too.

We have the standard base radio unit in our Trendline T6, which to be honest did everything we wanted, until I discovered Apple CarPlay on our new Skoda.

Stunning audio performance is not the highest priority, but a reputable manufacturer who will support CarPlay as it evolves through iOS versions is.

Thanks,

Pete

Talk to Jason @Absolut5
Top bloke
Top team

Thanks,

Pete

The new Kenwood DMX 8019dab is popular with us, it has wireless CarPlay, android auto, twin usb, the ability to control the optional dash camera and will work with your factory parking sensors

We can supply it as a plug and play solution

The new Kenwood DMX 8019dab is popular with us, it has wireless CarPlay, android auto, twin usb, the ability to control the optional dash camera and will work with your factory parking sensors

Thanks - will be in touch. What is the best to contact you ?

Pete

Sigh!!! I’d love this head unit and set up!! Sadly budget wise I was up to around £300-ish.

Looking online these Kenwood head units are around £540??

This one is £315 from Halfords —- Sony XAV-3005DB DAB.

Will I really notice the difference if I spend the extra £200??

Totally lost now!!

Sigh!!! I’d love this head unit and set up!! Sadly budget wise I was up to around £300-ish.

Looking online these Kenwood head units are around £540??

This one is £315 from Halfords —- Sony XAV-3005DB DAB.

Will I really notice the difference if I spend the extra £200??

Totally lost now!!

You will lose-

Twin usb, as Sony has 1
Better screen on the Kenwood
Wireless CarPlay
The ability to display the parking sensors, the only way you can display them on the Sony is by using a expensive aftermarket interface which displays them through the reverse camera port, it’s a bit hit and miss and something we won’t normally recommend
The ability to control the optional Kenwood dash camera

You will lose-

Twin usb, as Sony has 1
Better screen on the Kenwood
Wireless CarPlay
The ability to display the parking sensors, the only way you can display them on the Sony is by using a expensive aftermarket interface which displays them through the reverse camera port, it’s a bit hit and miss and something we won’t normally recommend
The ability to control the optional Kenwood dash camera

Thanks!!

Actually after giving this a lot of thought I'm going to get the Kenwood! Just wish you weren't 2 and a half hours away!!

Thanks!!

Actually after giving this a lot of thought I'm going to get the Kenwood! Just wish you weren't 2 and a half hours away!!

I can supply for a diy fitment, you know you will get all the correct parts

I can supply for a diy fitment, you know you will get all the correct parts

That would be really helpful!

Do you want to PM me the costs and what is included please?

I'll look for someone local. Hmmmm...... Are Halfords worth considering?

That would be really helpful!

Do you want to PM me the costs and what is included please?

I'll look for someone local. Hmmmm...... Are Halfords worth considering?

Just PM’d you..

You can do it yourself with very little tools

I wouldn’t consider any high street shop

I've had a Pioneer AVH-Z9200DAB fitted for the last few months, and I'm very happy with it.

Argh!! See this is the dilemma!!!

Pioneer or Kenwood???

My head will explode!!!

I used to sell hundreds of Pioneer, but Kenwood are bullet proof, faster Os, better screens, and unique features

Sorry to hijack slightly but is the android auto wireless too on the 8019?

Sorry to hijack slightly but is the android auto wireless too on the 8019?

No Kenwood/Pioneer feature wireless Android Auto, they have wireless Carplay and Android Mirroring (not Android Auto)

Back