apple car play pioneer Avic f980dab

tjr

my lovely daughter decided to plug my usb iphone firewire plug into my cigarette socket today whilst plugged into the double usb socket
Pioneer CA-IW-UNI.002V
she said there was a pop ! the head unit had a weird couple of minutes ,but recovered after a reset ,unfortunately apple car play is no longer working ,cigarette socket fuse was blown ,so replaced that ,but im guessing the usb socket has some electronics in it that didnt like the 12v going through it ,there doesnt appear to be a fuse on the head unit that covers the usbs ? also extra usb socket near glove box isnt working now either ,is there a fuse for that as well ?
vw t6 highline 2016 pioneer avic F980dab head unit

It depends what setup you have, if its a standard dash with single usb outlet the usb 5V supply comes from the headunit on a VW stereo so i assume its the same on an aftermarket unit ?
If you have comfort dash with twin usb outlets (one in upper glovebox and one in centre console) then there is a usb hub box hidden inside the dash, this hub takes a 12v supply to power it and feeds 5v out to the usb sockets

It depends what setup you have, if its a standard dash with single usb outlet the usb 5V supply comes from the headunit on a VW stereo so i assume its the same on an aftermarket unit ?
If you have comfort dash with twin usb outlets (one in upper glovebox and one in centre console) then there is a usb hub box hidden inside the dash, this hub takes a 12v supply to power it and feeds 5v out to the usb sockets
Hi Pauly it must be the latter as I have a double socket on top of dash ( next to bin ) and a single beside the upper glovebox , so is there a fuse for these ( sounds like a lightly culprit )

Back