Anyone used PlyGuys/Piggl?

Bimbo777

Environmental Scientist
T6 Pro
I've done a quick search but can't find mention of these 2 companies on the forum.
We're looking for a removable bed for the van preferably one that folds up into a seat for lounging about on when the bed isn't out. And also has pull out drawers that can be used as a kitchen out the back of the tailgate.

This from Plyguys looks good but it isn't floor mounted so I would be worried about it moving or rattling during transit.
Cuillin Adventurer | The Ply Guys

I also like the look of this from Piggl which has the advantage of being able to slot the bikes in it. This one fixes to the floor also.
Piggl BIKE-BED for Volkswagen Transporter Campervan Conversions

Anybody used either of these companies??
Ta.

Hi,

Did you ever get any feedback re these products, I have only just found out about the Piggl bike bed, it looks like a great product?

cheers

I looked at the loadedbikes.co.uk van at the Gowaan Gals festival. They had a plyguys interior which looked very professional.

I have a much lower tech version of the piggl bed for two or three bikes. Two blankets. Bike one- Front wheel jammed between driver’s seat and bench seat. Bike 2 - front wheel up on rocknroll bed, rear jammed against back of bench. Bike 3 upside down facing rear. Bungee to the table mounting bar along the van kitchen.

Does anyone have experience of the Ply Guys units in a SWB Kombi please, preferably who'd be happy to let me take a look somewhere vaguely near Buckinghamshire?

They look great but I'm a bit concerned about lack of storage in conjunction with a very basic kitchen setup.

No experience with Ply Guys but you won’t get much storage is a SWB van anyway.
You could ask them for the cabinet dimensions and then you can calculate the volume. I’ve found that ‘less is more’, if you clutter the van it starts to become a PITA.

If you are looking for something more custom, Ewan at North Coast Campers in Glasgow made me some cracking furniture out of hex ply to my exact specifications. The ply guys stuff is stunning but there are some eye-watering prices....

Hi guys

Has anyone used any PlyGuys gear? I’m looking at their dual bench set up that pulls into a full width bed and pull out drawers at the rear.

Anyone bought anything from them? good kit? easy to use? Any problems?

Let me know.

Pete

I recommend them, easy to work with and happy to talk through everything. I’ve got a Torridon unit in my shuttle, great bit of kit. Comfortable to sit on, yet to sleep on it and lots of storage. They even customised it to fit the rear interior panels in the shuttle. A62697D1-8B71-4317-AF31-849C09DBEEDC.jpeg

We have the Torridon and Clachan units in our SWB Kombi T6. We also talked to them about developing the Torridon extension box so that when rear seats weren't in we could have a 6ft length sleeping area (they now manufacture this as a standard item in their range). We have the Bruich Beag kitchen pod too. We had the standard height seats rather than the taller set designed for the Kombi to work with the folded seats as we ever planned to camp with those seats in. (Our kids have long since grown up). This way, even with the pop top closed we can sit comfortably in the back at their Suilven table. We're both around 5'10/11" so not short. The side seating also means we can stand in the van and walk through the van almost front to back without ducking.
We love their stuff, it's perfect for us. It was fitted in a day, at less than half the price of a traditional campervan fit, and removes completely and easily if you want to sell your van or need your van to be a van. The side seats also allow you a full load length for long stuff.
It's comfortable to sit on and sleep on.
Things I've learned using it:
1. I've now put some non-slip gripper mats under cushions so that they don't slide off when traveling. I usually have the rear extension of the Torridon out with the cushion on to form an L-shaped seating area, this also helps lock the cushions in place.
2. I've camped whilst having the Kombi single seat still fitted, it works but it's a pain.
I hope this helps. Just ask if you have any questions.

IMG_0493.jpeg

IMG_0123.jpeg

IMG_0121.jpeg

IMG_0119.jpeg

IMG_0105.jpeg

IMG_0980.jpeg

IMG_0979.jpeg

IMG_0963.jpeg

IMG_0962.jpeg

Last edited:
Snug Campers fitted a plyguys unit recently, he uploaded it to his Instagram over the weekend.

Great set up. Thanks for the info and the pictures. Looks as if you’ve gone down the same route I am hoping to go down. Ecoflow, kombi seats still in place etc. Thanks again, very helpful.

Great set up. Thanks for the info and the pictures. Looks as if you’ve gone down the same route I am hoping to go down. Ecoflow, kombi seats still in place etc. Thanks again, very helpful.
You're welcome. The ecoflow is great, it powers my lavazza coffee machine and milk frother so that I can camp properly. It travels perfectly on top of the seat cushion and under the flippy-uppy shelf. It lives in top of the Bruich Beag unit once we're parked up.

Last edited:
Back