Anyone Used Ikea Blinds?

That's the babies. They're jet black on the back so from the outside they're virtually invisible (if you have tinted windows).

I plan on building a 'pod' for the blinds to sit in, so they should look a lot like a very popular overpriced blind that are currently on the market. :)

How easy are these blinds to roll up and down? Cant tell from the Ikea pics.

They don't have a roller, or string or any sort of mechanism to put them up. It's literally a blind than you manually push up or down and fix with a little plastic clip thingy.

Hi guy's I'm going to Ikea I have an Idea, hopefully fingers crossed, if all goes well I shall report next week.

I had some delivered today for my LWB shuttle. They’re slightly too narrow for the back/side windows, but should double up as they drop twice as much as I need. Also the windows are slightly narrower at the bottom than the top, but I’ll see how I get on. Cheers for the heads up @Rg_ and @MatT6

Aren't they the really flimsy ones? Like toilet paper thin? Good that they've got the capabilities to go up or down.

Aren't they the really flimsy ones? Like toilet paper thin? Good that they've got the capabilities to go up or down.

Yes they are very thin and paper like. Its why i didn't opt for them in the end when i saw them in person. Considering the other set of blinds from there though.

Last night I bought some more of the £5.50 versions that I already have, to do my other windows but after fitting them this morning and fully coming to terms with the fact that they're a pain to put up and down and also to fit properly I am coughing up the money to pay for some vanshades :( they're a good temporary fix until I get some shades though.

In years gone by i'd probably make a van shade pod myself but I just don't get the time these days.

Yes they are very thin and paper like. Its why i didn't opt for them in the end when i saw them in person. Considering the other set of blinds from there though.
I know this post was from a while ago but did you ever fit those blinds?

Back