Anyone use obdeleven?

Yes I have one. Far better than Carista - more functions and access to basic settings, live data and adaptions; history, back up and restore.
Only used it for a few basic things, but also seems better value (Pro version) than Carista, and a whole lot cheaper than Ross-tech.
I've changed to auto lock, increased the off speed for parking sensors, made the parking sensors louder, had the lock blip on (now off again), tear wipe. Lots of other thinks that may get tried soon. .g. Scandinavian DRL - I assume back lights on too).

anyone use obdeleven?

Loads of users on the golf r forum, thought I’d try it out on the t6...

Big speed seems to work fine...

Alarm beep/cherp on lock&unlock I cant get working
And auto door lock unlock when key is removed

C01E9B0D-D7DB-4E91-A49B-7889CA394C32.jpeg

92A4C4BC-6987-4539-99FF-1E5E73B41E06.jpeg

59457340-05B5-4B84-86E8-EF210508539C.jpeg

Has anyone used this? Can it disable start/stop and do other similar programming? How does it compare to VCDS?

Voltas IT, LCC

Unfortunately, it isn't available in the Australian Google Play store :-( OBDeleven: Why I can't find OBDeleven application in Google Play store?

Background
  • I have a new 2018 VW Transporter in Australia and want to set Start/Stop off by default
  • I have Carista but this can't do this.
  • I have an old version of VCDS which isn't meant to work with my new Van.
  • I don't like VCDS because it relies on a laptop, would much rather just use my phone or tablet nowadays.

Has anyone used this? Can it disable start/stop and do other similar programming? How does it compare to VCDS?

Voltas IT, LCC

Unfortunately, it isn't available in the Australian Google Play store :-( OBDeleven: Why I can't find OBDeleven application in Google Play store?

Background
  • I have a new 2018 VW Transporter in Australia and want to set Start/Stop off by default
  • I have Carista but this can't do this.
  • I have an old version of VCDS which isn't meant to work with my new Van.
  • I don't like VCDS because it relies on a laptop, would much rather just use my phone or tablet nowadays.
I haven't seen any indication that disabling auto start/stop can be done with these "everyone's" tools. At least not with VCDS, see thread Disabling the Stop Start with VCDS

I have no experience on Obdeleven but codingwise it seems to be as capable as VCDS, see threads VCDS codes list and Anyone use obdeleven?

The question if your old VCDS cable works with new vans is just a matter of software update (free at Ross-Tech: Home) - I believe the software supports their old cables up to more than 10 years old. If not, they do have a upgrade offer - which would take you to wireless connection using any web browser.

Last edited:
I’m very interested in this. Does anyone have the Pro version? Can you make arbitrary coding changes as on VCDS?

Yes you can access the modules and do long coding with the PRO version. Under each byte you can tick the boxes for each bit as needed or you can tap the hex value at the top and change that. I’ve only used it for the H4 to H7 mod so far. It’s android only and needs a WiFi/data connection.

170CACDA-53E0-4D4C-B254-3F9D0DAC644B.jpeg

76407A70-C2F3-4696-B9F5-365041EAD1E2.jpeg

44217560-1C9E-49BE-A0F8-642CC7F21CD7.jpeg

2EB79509-3E01-43E1-A8F1-009C8BCD73A4.jpeg

Thanks, that’s really useful - it was actually the H4 to H7 conversion I mainly needed.

I’d be a bit worried about how long the company lasts for but it’s vastly cheaper than VCDS so I think I’ll take the chance. Especially as I don’t actually have a windows laptop to run VCDS on...

Thanks, that’s really useful - it was actually the H4 to H7 conversion I mainly needed.

I’d be a bit worried about how long the company lasts for but it’s vastly cheaper than VCDS so I think I’ll take the chance. Especially as I don’t actually have a windows laptop to run VCDS on...

yes I was in exactly the same situation and have an iphone. Ended up using one of the kids' kindles and using the iphone for a personal hotspot as I couldn't get close enough for the house wifi... All good though. It seems to have quite a following online so they should be around a while yet I hope.

Awesome. Thanks for all the extremely useful info everyone.

Does anyone know if the App works with the Carista dongle, any generic ones or do I need to somehow purchase the OBD Eleven one and get it to Australia?

Their site says it only works with theirs. The app is free though so maybe try it with a generic before you buy it. (If you have one) or borrow one if possible.

Anyone know how I code a mfsw using OBDeleven I know it can be done but unsure on how, anyone done this before

Thanks

Hi
I use obdeleven on my t6 dsg shuttle 2019.
I did coding on MFSW using it so is working and lights on.
Only still got problem with CC , is telling me “Cc button fault”.
I did not make any notes how to do but is very simple.
I did more changes using it like automatic door closing when start driving, seat belts warning off, closing doors signal change. Now working on rear view camera but no time to finish it ….

Best
Darek

Back