Anyone only remove the top half of the bulkhead?

timthetinyhorse

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi All,

I’m looking to insulate and carpet the back of my van however wondering if anyone has left the lower half of the bulkhead in place and just removed the upper?

The van is used for bikes and surfboards so don’t need a step through setup and thought it might make sense to stop things sliding into the back of the seats etc?

Any pics of vans done like this would be good.

Cheers

I did it for a couple of days but put it back due to the road noise in the back. Bolts on and off easy enough.
Here's a pic of it removed.

I did it with my current van last year (same for mountain bikes and windsurf kit). I think it’s nicely divides the cab from the cargo area. Did it on my previous van too. I’d recommend it

F56231F9-D69C-4D2B-8F9C-C7DDEBD4723F.jpeg

A70F9669-7AB0-4006-99D0-2F7D4E4AB869.jpeg

0F06F212-F3CD-46A1-8D62-597F166B646E.jpeg

I did it with my current van last year (same for mountain bikes and windsurf kit). I think it’s nicely divides the cab from the cargo area. Did it on my previous van too. I’d recommend it
Mate thanks for that! Exactly what I want to do! Makes sense to have the lower to stop boards rocketing forward under the seats etc if you ever had to stop hard and something to wedge bike wheels against.

Hello, I'm new to this forum, but this thread is of interest to me. Likewise I'm installing a "half" bulkhead (salvaged) but have a sharp edge on the top surface. Does anyone know if there's something that can be attached (a bar or something) which could sit on this edge to make it more user-friendly? Many thanks...

Back