Drivers seat as a passenger seat?

Doulsy

Miss my T4
T6 Guru
cant seem to find a matching seat, was thinking i could put drivers captain seat on a swivel at passenger side, i have just got my rib bed recovered to match original seating and all ways have a cover on drivers seat anyway, could pick a drivers seat up cheaper and just wait till i find right covers

You might be able to to just swap seatbelt sides on a rhd one, I did it with Audi seats I had in my T5, I’d be very surprised if the mounting points weren’t universal on both sides under the plastic trim so they only need to make one seat frame.

You might be able to to just swap seatbelt sides on a rhd one, I did it with Audi seats I had in my T5, I’d be very surprised if the mounting points weren’t universal on both sides under the plastic trim so they only need to make one seat frame.
I would imagine its just the plastic outer trim that would need a bit of cutting or drilling, had 2 drivers seats in my t4, so long ago but im sure it was just the plastics that was an issue.

I have done this and you will need to move the seat belt over and there is not a point already on the other side. I think if you search the forum there is a description of what to do (I am sure that's where I found it) The added bonus is you end up with a height adjustable passenger seat.

I have done this and you will need to move the seat belt over and there is not a point already on the other side. I think if you search the forum there is a description of what to do (I am sure that's where I found it) The added bonus is you end up with a height adjustable passenger seat.
thanks, is the t6 different from t5?

There’s a video on you tube of a geezer doing this, I think he had to make a fitting for the seat belt which is not crash tested, I wouldn’t....

I’m really surprised the seatbelt mountain hole isn’t there on the other side, seems crazy from a production cost point of view. Are you sure you have seat airbags @Doulsy , my captains seats don’t.

*mounting obviously. I don’t know why I can’t edit my posts on a phone :geek:

I’m really surprised the seatbelt mountain hole isn’t there on the other side, seems crazy from a production cost point of view. Are you sure you have seat airbags @Doulsy , my captains seats don’t.
Will need to check for airbags

Yes my drivers captain seat and double passenger seat both have airbags, does this mean I will need to buy single with airbag?

Hi guys
As an alternative, I managed to obtain a drivers seat from Poland - as it was a left hand drivers seat it fitted perfect
Me too. Spot on, at a price. The height adjustment helps with the swivel.
Yes my drivers captain seat and double passenger seat both have airbags, does this mean I will need to buy single with airbag?
But surely no problem having a double airbag for a single seat?
How did we survive the 70's and 80's without airbags...........

Having a double airbag for a single passenger's no problem though is it, or is the issue something different?

Back