Anyone Else 'swamped' Their Van?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by KombiKommando, 3 Jun 2018.

1. KombiKommando

KombiKommando Senior Member T6 Pro

Map
    I love the old Syncro vans. Lifted and with A/T tyres on.... the look of the 'Rockton' and 'MultiCamper' T6 vans really appeal to me and are much more suitable for my needs in a campervan.

My conversion is pretty much done ( I will put a load more pictures up in my converion post....) and I have gone down the Swamper route in terms of styling. Has anyone else done this as I don't see many on here....... :thumbsup:

2. Pauly

Pauly Senior Member VCDS User Admin Moderator

Map
    @Loz and @Glenn Board have gone down the raised seikel route with wheel arch protectors think a couple of our Australian members have done something similar ?? @GarryM

KombiKommando likes this.
  3. Briston

Briston Member VIP Member

I have some A/Ts on mine but.... i am still going to lower it. I know that seems daft but it will still be able to go across rough stuff & will fit in car parks.
    I dont want to offroad it properly,just get to the best fishing spots.

4. Salty Spuds

Salty Spuds Member VIP Member T6 Pro

We have a LWB 4motion conversion with VB air c/w with the off-road 30mm raising kit. It's on the stock tyres at the mo. I've a set of steel wheels that I'm going to put some Nokian winter tyres on for our winter skiing trips. I'll look at some more aggressive tyres for "normal" use when the originals have worn.

5. Chrisfraser05

Chrisfraser05 Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

to be honest its the route I would have gone down if I'd researched properly before getting mine.

By the time I was really aware of "Transporter Swampers" I'd already spent money on Splitters, Lowering and 10" wheels.

Maybe something I'll do to this one still in a few years time though

Tourershine likes this.
  6. Johnod17

Johnod17 Member VIP Member

Map
    CBFAD19D-992F-4870-976C-4C29CC78145D.png I have a 4motion and I am looking to put mud plugging wheels and tyres on for the winter like any one got these and how are they ?
    Thanks
    John