Anyone cured the Phone call echo..... echo.....,,,,,, echo?

Kingsimon2000

VIP Member
T6 Pro
My mate had has an Amarok and everytime I call him I tell hime I've got to call off as the echo of hearing myself with about .25s delay is infuriating... Not a problem I had in my BMW now I've got a vw Transporter... Bloody echo! There must be a solution to this... any help?

Never had this problem in mine, either with my previous 6S Plus or my new 12. Does it only happen when you're connected to him?

My mate had has an Amarok and everytime I call him I tell hime I've got to call off as the echo of hearing myself with about .25s delay is infuriating... Not a problem I had in my BMW now I've got a vw Transporter... Bloody echo! There must be a solution to this... any help?
Did you see @Murdoch's last para in the CarPlay thread?

I don't recognise this problem. Not had reports of echo from colleagues on calls. Even was on a Teams video call the other day without issues. Is it a particular head unit and phone?

(Mine's the basic head unit with a Google Android phone)

Did you see @Murdoch's last para in the CarPlay thread?

yes this a seperate issue so started a new thread to see if anyone else has poor phone call quality.

Reactions: CAB
yes this a seperate issue so started a new thread to see if anyone else has poor phone call quality.
OK, his solution just rang a bell when I read this. Obviously doesn't work for all.

Apologies for the interruption, carry on the good work :thumbsup:

I’ve sometimes had an echo just on my phone and I think it’s more of a network connection issue and can usually be resolved by re-calling.

I don't recognise this problem. Not had reports of echo from colleagues on calls. Even was on a Teams video call the other day without issues. Is it a particular head unit and phone?

(Mine's the basic head unit with a Google Android phone)
I use Teams on Android also. The van alerts me to an incoming Teams call when the phone is connected by Bluetooth but I cannot find a way to answer it from the car's controls (you have to pick up the phone handset and press the answer button on the phone, which is obviously not possible when driving). Once answered it all comes through the car system perfectly. Have you found a way to answer a Teams call using the van's controls and if so can you share it?

Doing some more reading today and one option I'm going to try is to change the settings on the phone.. I currently have my mobile settings to voice data... this gets you the improved voice quality but I guess might be tugging the bandwidth with car paly and googgle maps running.. I'll report back... just got to wait to for a call!

I use Teams on Android also. The van alerts me to an incoming Teams call when the phone is connected by Bluetooth but I cannot find a way to answer it from the car's controls (you have to pick up the phone handset and press the answer button on the phone, which is obviously not possible when driving). Once answered it all comes through the car system perfectly. Have you found a way to answer a Teams call using the van's controls and if so can you share it?
No, my phone is mounted securely so that I can use the screen to answer calls The benefit is that the camera is facing me on a Teams/Zoom call

Edit: slight tangent but I've been using Brodit non-screw mounts for my phones for the last 6 cars and although they are expensive they are great

Last edited:
Are you sure the echo is at your end? If I ring my daughter in her A3 then it always sounds really echo-ey, but it doesn’t happen when I’m talking to anyone else.

Back