Anyone booked there holidays for 2017 yet ?

andythom188

Electrician
T6 Legend
We did st Ives Cornwall last year for our main holiday in August due to our son Charlie 3 who has autism not knowing how he would cope with airports and flights so decided to holiday in the U.K. For few years that's the reason for the van , so this year trying a log chalet with hotub ;)
At Leonards Cove right on the coast in Dartmouth looks nice not far from Paignton and Plymouth so plenty to see and do and a few weekends planned away in the van :)

What's your plans for 2017

Our holiday is always inline with where the kids are sailing their week long national competition, last year was Largs, this year it's Weymouth.

Another five weeks booked to Santander on a Euro tour (4th time) in the Summer. Also about to book nine days to Roscoff for Easter; the location depends on the weather. Might bomb it down to Biarritz if it's cold in Brittany. That's the joy of a camper; you follow the weather!

Cheeky question: Anyone have a Britanny Ferries discount code? Our trusty number has expired. As we do Spain AND France I can't justify doing Club Voyage for both countries.

Last edited:
Another five weeks booked to Santander then a Euro tour (4th time) in the Summer. Also about to book nine days to Roscoff for Easter; the location depends on the weather. Might bomb it down to Biarritz if it's cold in Brittany. That's the joy of a camper; you follow the weather!

Cheeky question: Anyone have a Britanny Ferries discount code? Our trusty number has expired. As we do Spain AND France I can't justify doing Club Voyage for both countries.
That's what I like to hear getting the use out of the camper :thumbsup:

Yep, booked a place in south of France mid July. A few days in the van either side makes a great two week holiday away

We did st Ives Cornwall last year for our main holiday in August due to our son Charlie 3 who has autism not knowing how he would cope with airports and flights so decided to holiday in the U.K. For few years that's the reason for the van , so this year trying a log chalet with hotub ;)
At Leonards Cove right on the coast in Dartmouth looks nice not far from Paignton and Plymouth so plenty to see and do and a few weekends planned away in the van :)

We were in St Ives August.. we have a cottage on harbour..

Snowboarding in Cortina in Feb for a week, just wish I could take the van.

Hopefully many camping weekends in the summer, mostly sticking to North Wales and a week in the Lake District.

Everglades at easter, with a week in Cuba whilst we are out there..

Might do an Alps/Tirol trip in August..

Never done Cuba, keen to see it before it modernises..
Me too.
Just had an offer for a place to stay in Costa Rica over Easter; might have to check out flights and put the France plan on hold..:

We we're talking about booking some stuff up last night. My holidays are mainly long weekends with VW shows somewhere in the mix.

You own or rented ? Bloody hard to find parking there though

Tend to park at train station as we tend to not require a vehicle after arriving.. unless we head off for the day, which is rare.

We use aspect holidays to lease it out.. by no means a show home but a beach front family relaxing enviroment.. we'll be there Oct i'd imagine.. as summer is normally booked out etc..

Roscoff ferry now booked too - 9 days in the Easter holidays. Excited now...!
I think Costa Rica might have to wait until next year.
Add a load of UK festivals too and it's looking like a busy year for our Cali!

We have a 3 day road trip Cherbourg to Valencia, couple of weeks in a gorgeous villa for my 50th then a 2 day sprint back up. Ferry already booked and a couple of stopovers but always looking for recommendations.

Don't want to camp but am looking for one night B&B's or Gites if anyone has any details.

I forgot to say, I know some of that coast quite well - the in laws have a place in Newton Ferrers/Noss Mayo, nine miles East of Plymouth - a lovely estuary village with three good pubs - The Ship is particularly good. . Also check out Salcombe and Bigbury/Bantham.
I really like the South Coast of Devon!

Back