Any Tips For The Big Day?

Rapt0rUK

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi folks,

After some advice, think we found our van and have a holding deposit down on a 2018, T6 T32 that we're going to see tomorrow.

2 questions hoping you can help with...

1. Other than test driving it to listen/feel for anything strange, having a good look round the bodywork and of course kicking the tyres, is there anything I should be looking out for and checking before we sign on the line?

2. It's at a VW Van Centre, understand there isn't much margin in the used vans especially with the Das WeltAuto package... I know i would also try to bargain off list price on a new vehicle but is it still fairly common to negotiate down on a used van?

Big thanks for everyones help up to now who helped us narrow down on the spec, think we've got exactly the van we were after...ideally it would have been 4Motion but for the amount of times we'll need a think we can manage with some winter tyres.

Before paying, get them to take it to the washing bay and put a hose on the side windows and tailgate seal area. Both are prone to leaking.

Thanks for that, sorry I should have said though, it's a panel van with no windows (yet!) or do you mean the windows in the cab area??

Then windows won’t be an issue, VW Kombi side windows and tailgate is the issue.

I learnt that from this very forum!

Spec we've found is a T6, T32, 204ps Highline, 2018, Nav, reversing camera, 6,000 on the clock.

Hi folks,

After some advice, think we found our van and have a holding deposit down on a 2018, T6 T32 that we're going to see tomorrow.

2 questions hoping you can help with...

1. Other than test driving it to listen/feel for anything strange, having a good look round the bodywork and of course kicking the tyres, is there anything I should be looking out for and checking before we sign on the line?

2. It's at a VW Van Centre, understand there isn't much margin in the used vans especially with the Das WeltAuto package... I know i would also try to bargain off list price on a new vehicle but is it still fairly common to negotiate down on a used van?

Big thanks for everyones help up to now who helped us narrow down on the spec, think we've got exactly the van we were after...ideally it would have been 4Motion but for the amount of times we'll need a think we can manage with some winter tyres.

LED Lights or at least H7 is a must have option

:sneaky:
ideally it would have been 4Motion but for the amount of times we'll need a think we can manage with some winter tyres.

I've been searching for a LWB 4motion in grey with a diff lock for ages now........impossible to find !! :(

Good luck with the new van :)

Back