Any problems with Pendle remap for 150PS?

None at all. Everyone is having issues with the standard turbo, all the tuners. Even standard engines, and it’s looking like the new 110 is the same :-(

Regarding the increased regens, it is very possible that this is a result of the new calibration (remap) as advancing the injection timing, increasing injection duration or increasing the injection pressure (ie what the calibrations do to increase torque) all increase the soot being produced in the combustion process which gets trapped in the DPF and then needs clearing with a regen. I'm not sure about water in your oil, however your sump level will increase if your engine is constantly performing regens as fuel gets forced past the piston rings and dilutes the oil in the sump.

Thinking about the two remap company names that frequent this forum, if you asked them both for particulate matter and NOx levels upstream of the catalyst and DPF for a T6 Euro 6 150hp engine at 75% engine load, 2200 RPM at 15 degrees ambient and 65% r/h running on winter diesel blend against EN590 and with an EGR system 50% blocked with carbon, I'd suggest only one of those companies would actually know that data. There's much more to a recalibration than a dynamometer print out.

Thinking about the two remap company names that frequent this forum, if you asked them both for particulate matter and NOx levels upstream of the catalyst and DPF for a T6 Euro 6 150hp engine at 75% engine load, 2200 RPM at 15 degrees ambient and 65% r/h running on winter diesel blend against EN590 and with an EGR system 50% blocked with carbon, I'd suggest only one of those companies would actually know that data. There's much more to a recalibration than a dynamometer print out.
It's just me being being a moron on mechanical stuff so no offence is intended when I say I'm not even sure what language that paragraph is written / typed in. That said, I managed to understand a small section and am now wondering what company you are talking about who seems to understand all this stuff so much better than the other one?

It's just me being being a moron on mechanical stuff so no offence is intended when I say I'm not even sure what language that paragraph is written / typed in. That said, I managed to understand a small section and am now wondering what company you are talking about who seems to understand all this stuff so much better than the other one?
No offence taken, I spent a lot of years in the diesel engine design & manufacturing industry and sometimes forget my audience. The engines and emission systems are extremely complex now and the smaller companies just do not have the time, resource or finances to produce a calibration (remap) that not only produces the increased torque the customers are after, but also have the ability to measure the emissions for particulate matter (soot) or chemical composition (e.g. NOx - oxides of Nitrogen) to know how far outside of the type approval (the certification that allows that engine in that vehicle to be sold to operate in Europe (other continents are available!)) that the vehicle will be running. They also won't know whether the new calibration will lead to operating or reliability issues with other parts of the engine, emission system or drive train (e.g. increased clogging of DPF, excessive heat soak in the cooling system, torque applied too low in the RPM range for the gearbox.......) as they don't have the same R&D and testing facilities and programmes that the bigger companies have.

A quick look at the profiles of the two companies that tend to appear on here. One has dozens of automotive engineers, technicians, designers, access to a dealer network of vehicles, engine development and testing in purpose built facilities etc - they can provide a standard calibration that will work on your engine and has been tested in all possible running conditions. The other company is a bloke with sound mechanical background, some very good software and excellent rolling road in a small industrial unit - he will provide you with a bespoke calibration for your otherwise standard engine. Unless he is getting his base calibrations from a third party (this is common for this industry but everything I've read implies he does it all himself) there is a huge gap between the two companies in the research, development and testing to produce the calibration.

Back