Any paddleboarders on here? Need advice please

johnmacster

VIP Member
T6 Guru
After some advice please, I have been taking my eldest paddle boarding recently and she loves it, looking to buy an inflatable one (or two!) just looking for a lower end price one that will do the job, can anyone recommend one? Amazon would be ideal as I could get it quicker as away next week.
Thanks, John

We have a Lidl one which is an F2 Star. Seems good value and my daughter loves going on it. I think Amazon sell a similar one

Reactions: JOG
Hi, I have a Red Paddle inflatable SUP.
They are very good but exspensive.
if you could find a good used one it would be ideal.
I also recommend a good quality Electric Pump !
if I use my manual pump, I am too tired to go Paddle Boarding !
cheers,
Pete.

Cheers @T6Paul will take a look on Amazon.
Cheers also @Peter Rhymes - look great them, seen a few at Liverpool watersports centre but a tad pricy for what I need, it will a different hobby next month no doubt, kids eh

I have been Paddle Boarding for three years now. I was on the Thames last week end and lost count of the Paddle Boarders ! Hope your family get hooked like I did !

Certainly is popular now, we went for lessons before Covid hit, just getting back into it now, I find it is a good stress reliever!

Decathlon do reasonable ones. ~£300 I think. There are so many around the 200-250 mark now on line.
I don’t like making Jeff Bezos any richer, so I never buy off Amazon anymore.

If you just want something to bob around on then anything will do. If you think you will get in to it a bit more and may want to start catching waves on them then you need to spend a bit more and start looking at slimmer 5” or under boards. Supinflatables.co.Uk are a good place to look and speak to. I went with a Shark all rounder from them and have been very pleased with, very solid and no flex in the waves which is what I was looking for.

Love my Lidl’s F2….board, pump, paddle (with extra end to make it a double,) clip-in seat, leash, wet bag, repair kit and storage bag…….yep, all for £199!!!

Cheers @Broadside i am leaning towards the cheapest I can get delivered swift so we can use next week in the lakes, if I get more into it I’ll buy a better one for me to use

Wife picked up an RRD Air Evo Smart Y26 SUP 2021 Package just last night, £450 all in. Possibly more than your budget (and originally ours too) but the guy we bought is a trusted friend and he was very wary of the cheaper boards quality.

Consider weight limits. Cheaper boards MAY have lower limits thus are challenging in anything but totally flat water. We have an aqua marina fusion all rounder with a 150kg weight limit so any fool can stand on it. About £375 all in. Likely that any friends will also try to sit on it at same time as rider so bigger weight limit saves stress. As previously stated it will require a lot of effort to inflate with a standard pump to get it to the usual 15psi pressure so be prepared. You can get kayak seat attachments for about 30 quid for those not comfortable / unable to balance etc. Great fun though

Back