Any Northamptonshire members

DonK4129

Hi newly retired taxi driver decided to turn my ex taxi into a camper strip it all out but I am stuck on removing the rear heater does anybody know of anybody in the Northampton area that I could go to that would remove it for me thanks

Welcome to the forum!

Find your Team and post some pics :thumbsup:

Been on here a while but is anyone from east northants, seen a few transporters around here and wondering if any are on here....

Just joined after buying a 68 plate T6 Highline panel van for my job

It's a little battered ex Addison Lee courier van but nothing a little tlc won't fix and a new passenger door which I have already bought for £150

109k with VW service history 12.5k +VAT (I'm VAT registered) so I think at the moment I got a good deal.

Had a P018300 code recently and thanks to this forum already, I guess I will be looking for a broken wire on the fuel temp sensor :)

Cheers

Darren

Welcome, sounds like a good deal. Any pics.. we all love watching builds

Morning all. I’m delighted to have found the forum being a complete novice and proud owner of a T6 auto , 2017 swb stage one transporter conversion. So basically it has the pop up roof and windows replaced ,flooring done and the soundproofing/insulation done. After we bought it a couple of months ago we had new seats and a rocknroll bed fitted from captain seats really beautiful job, the seats we changed from a 2+1 to a 1+1 which swivel and recline and have armrests and the difference is just amazing much more comfy and more room up front and the rocknroll bed is perfect. We have now ground to a halt with it because it’s so difficult to find tradesmen to help with the other stuff, I feel a bit overwhelmed, hubbys a bit of a make do and mend type I’m exact opposite a bit of a perfectionist freak I want everything done properly he’ll accept patch up jobs grrr. Lol.. I’ve booked the caravan-motor home show in Birmingham I’m hoping I’ll find a few tips there we don’t have the money for swanky kitchens etc but would like something in situ that looks the part.I need advice about the electrics what I’d need done etc. It’s finding suppliers/installers that I struggle with I don’t use social media so hard to know where to start but I do try. We recently bought those long steps for it as I’m reg disabled, blue badge, and struggle getting in and out of van safety but local garage said they can’t fit as wrong steps, business I bought from are adamant garage is wrong and the steps are correct they’ve sold hundreds so I’m now struggling to get them fitted. Can anyone advise of decent knowledgable tradesmen in Northants areas who can do work on our vw we can travel a bit out of area too don’t mind doing that.
Sorry for the long intro but I’m keen but feel overwhelmed trying to learn when really I should be sitting back enjoying the process. Advice would be most welcome. Thanks all.

Reactions: CAB
Thank you for being so helpful re our phone conversation, panic over I think you’ll provide all the help and advice we need look forward to meeting you in November. Best wishes.

Hi Robert thank you for asking I have made an appointment for Nov so they can have a look to see if they can fit the existing steps that I bought elsewhere but my local garage couldn’t fit. Such a shame I didn’t get to speak to you earlier as your local but thank you anyway.

Hi Robert thank you for asking I have made an appointment for Nov so they can have a look to see if they can fit the existing steps that I bought elsewhere but my local garage couldn’t fit. Such a shame I didn’t get to speak to you earlier as your local but thank you anyway.
Absolutely no worries....i'll keep my eyes out....always good to know there are more local people on here...

I have really struggled to find someone local that works on the vw conversions Are you a vw fan Robert or do you work on them it’s always good to have a local contact. Do you have a website?

Back