Any Lighting Experts.....how Best To Light Up A Well.

Dannyb6467

VIP Member
T6 Legend
As per the title.
I have a well at home, 30m deep and approximately 1.5m diameter.
I want to light it up and have tried 30 and 50w led floodlights but they won't penetrate to the botto . I have strung 3 together at equal distances which works but looks messy.
Question is, would spot lamps be better?
Any recommendations as to a brand or wattage or how many?
The well is outside and open to the weather.

I think you’d need a focussed spot lamp. A flood light would wash the sides too much and make anything outside that area very dark by comparison.

I reckon you'll have to get the lights down to the bottom if you want to see it and make a feature of it. I have a friend who has a glass topped well in the middle of his kitchen and it looks great when lit, if a little bit eerie. He tells me there is a company that does just this sort of thing: https://www.wellmasters.co.uk/. I get you may not want to spend a load of money on well lighting when you have a T6 to spend the hard earned on!

I may have sussed it out last night.
Lowered a 30w flood light to within 10m of the bottom then placed 2 x 30w floods at the top. Really pleased with the results and will look tidy once finished.
I'll post a few pictures this time tomorrow night.
This is the well in the day light20191116_112840.jpg 20191116_112816.jpg 20191116_112824.jpg

There's no getting anything back from this well.
Its 30m to the water then another 11m to the bottom. The water is constantly flowing too so anything dropped is swept away.
It was dug in 1550 and was used daily until 10 years ago until the house was abandoned. We will use it for irrigation although it is drinking quality.
If I go find your keys I'll let you know.
What model of horse and cart was it?

Hope there is no general access to that area, postie, delivery, non family members etc etc. That's an injury claim waiting to happen.

I ask as reminds me of a similar case I know of that took years to sort out at a cost of over 100k.

I firmly believe in self responsibility but there are some tossers that think everything is someone else's fault

Back