Any Eberspacher gurus

Eddie Sutherland

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi guys

i have an eberspacher d2 heater with EasyStart pro controller, I now also have easystart web module to install it cam with a split loom for the integration with the pro controller. The question I have if I am intergrating with the pro controller do I need to install the led switch and temp sensor and main loom or do I just plug it into the controller Integration loom and it will be all good. The installation instructions do not include the this is what you do if integrating.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

thanks in advance

Hi guys

i have an eberspacher d2 heater with EasyStart pro controller, I now also have easystart web module to install it cam with a split loom for the integration with the pro controller. The question I have if I am intergrating with the pro controller do I need to install the led switch and temp sensor and main loom or do I just plug it into the controller Integration loom and it will be all good. The installation instructions do not include the this is what you do if integrating.‍♂

thanks in advance

Did you manage to find an answer concerning your eberspacher d2. There appears to have been a number of queries concerning eberspachers in the forum. I am not sure if they are pertinent to you or not.

Did you manage to find an answer concerning your eberspacher d2. There appears to have been a number of queries concerning eberspachers in the forum. I am not sure if they are pertinent to you or not.

Good morning all,

This is now resolved the Easy-start web requires both the temp sensor and the red led push button to be installed as this acts as temp monitor of the app as the pro controller wont talk to the app and and led button is used as an induction light for the system this can be hidden if you dont need it to activate the heater. The split controller loom takes away the need for the control loom to provide power as it takes power from the controller loom. all installed now and working great. Activated the easy-start web paid £23 for 12 months subscription can now activate my heater anywhere in the world and see the temp in the van.

Last edited:
Reactions: mmi
Good morning all,

This is now resolved the Easy-start web requires both the temp sensor and the red led push button to be installed as this acts as temp monitor of the app as the pro controller wont talk to the app and and led button is used as an induction light for the system this can be hidden if you dont need it to activate the heater. The split controller loom takes away the need for the control loom to provide power as it takes power from the controller loom. all installed now and working great. Activated the easy-start web paid £23 for months subscription can now activate my heater anywhere in the world and see the temp in the van.

I am thinking of getting this exact heater setup in my van. How much is the subscription £23 a month? This seems very expensive. Didn’t know you had to pay a subscription or have I not understood the post above correctly?

I am thinking of getting this exact heater setup in my van. How much is the subscription £23 a month? This seems very expensive. Didn’t know you had to pay a subscription or have I not understood the post above correctly?

£23 for the year this allows the easystart web to connect to any mobile network anywhere in the world and be used via the app or web. that should read 12 months edited now

No probs Eddie I thought it couldn’t be monthly Who installed the heater for you? I am looking to get one installed.

Got mine from Jackson leisure bought the external kit they were the cheapest at the time .

Thanks mate does it come with the easy start web controller from Jackson’s or did you buy that separately?

Thanks mate does it come with the easy start web controller from Jackson’s or did you buy that separately?
Came with the easy start pro controller and I purchased the EasyStart web separately from mellor on line New - Eberspacher Airtronic S2 D2L 12v | 1 Outlet 2.2KW with Exhaust Silencer 60mm ID Ducting, Night Heater Kits, Eberspacher, Webasto, Mikuni, Durite they maybe cheaper and also,do a kit where you specify mount and controller and their tech support is second to none.

Thanks Eddie sorry for all the questions - so just so you can check if I understand properly - the easy start pro controller has everything you need to work it remotely- I just need to purchase the easy start web subscription. Or is the easy start web a separate box I need to buy a link in with the system?

Thanks Eddie sorry for all the questions - so just so you can check if I understand properly - the easy start pro controller has everything you need to work it remotely- I just need to purchase the easy start web subscription. Or is the easy start web a separate box I need to buy a link in with the system?
The easystart web is a separate control module it can be switched on and off from the cab using the led switch that’s supplied and has a thermostat sensor supplied also, I only have both as I installed the heater system with the web start then bought it after realising i needed to operate the heater when away from the vehicle to,get it nice and warm for my return as well.

Will probably wait for this to come back into stock as my T6 spends a bit of time on rough access tracks. Think it will add more protection or do you think it is unnecessary?

I am also on off road tracks a lot in the Cairngorms and have mine mounted external on the black standard external mounting bracket with the plastic under cover replaced have had no issues as yet.

Is that shopping list everything I need for T6?
The cart is empty, if you speak with the guys at mellor they will steer you in the right direction and supply everything you need they won’t sel you bit you don’t require unlike some

The cart is empty, if you speak with the guys at mellor they will steer you in the right direction and supply everything you need they won’t sel you bit you don’t require unlike some
Eddie I am going to speak to mellor tomorrow as one of the items I require is back in stock (box mount)

This is what I think I need (see picture below)
98BD4F9D-6E17-47B4-97D8-E5F2C96FF983.jpeg

Back