STOLEN T6 !!!!!!!!!!!

I think a couple of posts seem to give the impression that it’s a hotbed of vehicle crime around here and it really isn’t , I live in a rural village equidistant from Doncaster and Scunthorpe and the vehicle crime rate round here is one of the lowest in the country! I live next door to a retired DI who came here for that reason. I’ve lived here 11yrs and there have only been 2 non farm machinery vehicle crimes (pikeys will always target them wherever there are farms), a scooter stolen by a “troubled” kid being fostered by a local couple and a Lotus Elan (the 80s wedge one not the real one) that was nicked after its first drive out since being restored and presumably followed home.

On security, I try and make the entry into the van as hard as possible as I’m more worried about theft from inside and damage. If the van gets nicked I probably wouldn’t want it back anyway, that’s what insurance is for.
And I've lived here virtually all my life, and we have gone from not even having a key for our front door, to security being a matter we think about every day. Now I am a bigger target than most as we live on a farm, and it is nothing to do with comparative areas it is all about how the risks and likelihood of crime have changed dramatically over 40 odd years imo. Funnily enough yesterday i was negotiating our insurance premiums....... every claim counts against you, so if they get our van keys, they will open the doors normally, and hopefully will bugger off after 4 minutes (Ghost) with very little damage/costs, it may not even be an insurance claim. Current insurance premiums this year for our activities over £20k+ ........, and it only ever goes up.

And I've lived here virtually all my life, and we have gone from not even having a key for our front door, to security being a matter we think about every day. Now I am a bigger target than most as we live on a farm, and it is nothing to do with comparative areas it is all about how the risks and likelihood of crime have changed dramatically over 40 odd years imo. Funnily enough yesterday i was negotiating our insurance premiums....... every claim counts against you, so if they get our van keys, they will open the doors normally, and hopefully will bugger off after 4 minutes (Ghost) with very little damage/costs, it may not even be an insurance claim. Current insurance premiums this year for our activities over £20k+ ........, and it only ever goes up.
Don't disagree but I was more reacting to a throwaway comment I saw of how bad it was "up there" as if everything north of the M25 was some sort of lawless wasteland compared to "down there", which is pretty much the opposite way round of my experience.

Last edited:
It’s a sad state of affairs when you have to make your van less intising than someone else’s so they nick there’s instead. Basically that all we are doing.

I’ve heard of someone having had their (Fiesta) van nicked that had one of these fitted. Apparently by one of those blokes who move around a lot.
Whether they were just saying that because their boss would be sending them down the Job Centre for not using, or not, I don’t know.

No disrespect intended, but I’ll see your anonymous “I heard of someone” and raise you with one very happy customer (that’s me)
- unless of course you have any other empirical info?

The steel is 3/8” thick, it covers not just the pedals but the levers that the pedals attach to.

You’d have to pick the lock, which is entirely possible as with any lock based security, but enormously unlikely.
Or try in someway to cut the brake pedal off, and very high up as well.

It someone wants to steal it they will, eventually.

Don't disagree but I was more reacting to a throwaway comment I saw of how bad it was "up there" as if everything north of the M25 was some sort of lawless wasteland compared to "down there", which is pretty much the opposite way round of my experience.
Just cause you can’t see it, doesn’t mean it’s not happening

Have you tried reporting a crime lately? You’re lucky to get through within 40 minutes unless it’s an emergency.
I haven't, apart from at work in town (when they turn up in seconds, strange priorities...) but wouldn't that go for the country as a whole? I'm damn sure if I'd had my van stolen I'd persist at trying to report it. And I think you'd have to report it if you were claiming on your insurance as you'd need a crime number.

I haven't, apart from at work in town (when they turn up in seconds, strange priorities...) but wouldn't that go for the country as a whole? I'm damn sure if I'd had my van stolen I'd persist at trying to report it. And I think you'd have to report it if you were claiming on your insurance as you'd need a crime number.
I’m not just talking about camper theft, you just need to look at small villages where Police Station are shut, certain counties are wealthier so have more funds into the budget, let’s face it the North is a very poor cousin and we all suffer for it. Oh wait beer is cheaper here and house prices .

I’m not just talking about camper theft, you just need to look at small villages where Police Station are shut, certain counties are wealthier so have more funds into the budget, let’s face it the North is a very poor cousin and we all suffer for it. Oh wait beer is cheaper here and house prices .
Getting further and further from my point so I'm gonna leave it there.

Edit: Sorry I've been a bit under the weather and that came across as really arsey, apologies.

Last edited:
I think we all agree on the main points though

1 I should be able to leave my van unlocked and keys in the ignition and it should never get nicked.

2 All security can be got around given time and skill

3 justice system isn’t a deterrent and police resources are limited.

4 what we do about all the above is a long argument full of disagreements.

Yep that’s the problem with security OCD. It costs me money to sleep at night :cry:

With Ghost fitted that van may still be on their drive.

This is where things get a little tricky, the scrotes can't start the van and then come upstairs and hold a knife to your wife/kids throat until you give them the code.

Blackjax would have an advantage in this situation, they'd be far enough away before the bus conks out that you would have called 999 and the Police would be on the way.

The best deterrent, better than any alarm or immobiliser is some proper justice from the courts when vehicles/tools are stolen, bang criminals up, no tv's, no PS4's and make the feckers pay for their crimes against the hard working British tax payers.

This is where things get a little tricky, the scrotes can't start the van and then come upstairs and hold a knife to your wife/kids throat until you give them the code.

Blackjax would have an advantage in this situation, they'd be far enough away before the bus conks out that you would have called 999 and the Police would be on the way.

The best deterrent, better than any alarm or immobiliser is some proper justice from the courts when vehicles/tools are stolen, bang criminals up, no tv's, no PS4's and make the feckers pay for their crimes against the hard working British tax payers.
Always p!sses me off on these police camera action style programs at the end when the voiceover says something like "the first thief received a £100 fine and a 6 month ban (on a licence he never had and never will) and the second received a conditional discharge. No further action was taken regarding the 6 vehicles they damaged during the chase". All said in a thatll-teach-them voice. WTF? no wonder they do it again, they must be laughing their heads off!

That’s why I like watching the American ones. Grand theft auto. 7 years and a bullet hole from the Officers who caught them

Glad I’m not the only one screaming at the TV when you see these ludicrously lenient “sentences” handed out. Another thing that p’s me off is when they blur out their faces - don’t mind if they are innocent but why blur out the faces of those that have been convicted!!??

Glad I’m not the only one screaming at the TV when you see these ludicrously lenient “sentences” handed out. Another thing that p’s me off is when they blur out their faces - don’t mind if they are innocent but why blur out the faces of those that have been convicted!!??

Yep...... and then post their pics and mugshots on a more regular crime stoppers show.
And locally in papers...
And on local TV......
And on local internet sites

Actually......let’s bring back the stocks!!

Back