Spurred on by the wisdom that my biscuit tin might not be a perfect keysafe after all I tried a Bacofoil lightweight alternative.
Folding a single layer of foil over the fob much like slipping it into a thin alloy pitta bread saw the fob still able to open the van however simply sealing the edges of the foil Cornish pasty style stopped the fob working even alongside the van.
Transferring this effect to the biscuit tin is difficult as it's impossible to press the plipper without partially removing the lid and that allows the RF to escape.
To my mind as long as the biscuit tin lid is making contact pretty well all around the rim then the RF should remain captive within... think of it as longer wavelength visible light escaping from an illuminated lamp inside the tin and the Faraday biscuit tin is more plausible.

Yup @Stay Frosty those RF signals are pesky little bu88ers, they get out of the smallest crack so your pasty of fully enclosed aluminium shows that it works. Extend this process to the biccy tin and you should be fine. For additional protection, just don't leave it next to the front door. Distance is also your friend.

One thing I would advise in regard to ghost is don’t bother with the app/bt function get the install to disable it, one less risk of a security breach.

I've just thought of a question ahead of my ghost install... What happens if someone tries to jump the engine with a ghost installed? Or if they tried to hot wire it?

I've just thought of a question ahead of my ghost install... What happens if someone tries to jump the engine with a ghost installed? Or if they tried to hot wire it?

To my knowledge it still wouldn’t start as it works through the canbus system which either method would still require it to be functioning. I’m sure you’re installer will be able to explain it better than I, but I’m pretty sure they still couldn’t start it via those methods.

unless you "Unlock" the ghost with a code the engine ECU is unauthorised and it will not start whatever they do.
This is what the scan show when its immobilised;

Address 25: Immobilizer (J334) Labels:| 5K0-920-xxx-25.clb
Part No SW: 5K0 953 234 HW: 5K0 953 234
Component: IMMO H03 1104
Serial number:
Coding: 000000
Shop #: WSC 00000 000 00000
ASAM Dataset: EV_Immo_UDS_VDD_RM09 A03710
ROD: EV_Immo_UDS_VDD_RM09.rod
VCID: 6ADE56228D5B9F1A63-803F

1 Fault Found:
9456128 - Engine Control Module (ECM) not authorized
B104A 00 [009] - -
Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001

Thanks gents. Thought that might be the case but always good to be sure.

Over the last few weeks, 3 x T6's have been stolen within a 6 mile radius of my home. Given the fact that our T6 is a new addition to our driveway, does any of the forum members know of a good quality electronic security upgrade I might install or have install for me. Im not interested in the steering wheel lock option

Thanks for your help

Ghost is best
But for@£90 try a safeTpedal to clamp and deny access you your pedals
I reckon it’s almost impossible to get past it, so don’t lose your key.

5E4FF166-355A-40AF-9349-9436192E4665.png

Which wheel clamp? So seem to be having a number of cars stolen in our area so looking at putting a wheel clamp on as a visual deterrent. Obviously want one that actually works so what if any are you guys using? Van is not a daily drive so the more awkward/heavy ones would be fine. Thanks.

I overheard a conversation last weekend; something to do with a modification using an inverter and capacitor bank connected to the victims works van door mechanism.
I have a South African mate who tells me that it’s common place to wire up houses and vehicles to ‘stun’ offenders.

I am currently having my 2017 T6 Trendline 'camperised'.
The security is VW standard (apart from a distinctive colour go-faster stripe!) but I would like something better for peace of mind and possible insurance saving.
Any recommendations? Wheel lock, steering wheel lock, etc.? Rather that than additional immobiliser or tracker.
I used to use a hardened chain and discus lock through the front wheel on another vehicle but it may not fit through the wheels on the T6.

Back