Shotgun on trip wire to all rear doors which can only be disabled from the passenger compartment works a treat.
Just loaded with blanks as no-one wants to serve any time.
Just make sure there is a shovel in the back next to that shotgun m’lord. Your servants will need that to clean up the big pile of poo that’d be left adjacent to your rear bumper.
It’d be bloomin hilarious to rig a web cam up to that and then entice some light fingered little scroat to open the back door.

Just make sure there is a shovel in the back next to that shotgun m’lord. Your servants will need that to clean up the big pile of poo that’d be left adjacent to your rear bumper.
It’d be bloomin hilarious to rig a web cam up to that and then entice some light fingered little scroat to open the back door.
I wish I'd have done something to my spare wheel when some scroat nicked it recently.
I think it happened in Cambridge which could have been a very silly move had we caught them because we are currently digging very deep holes and filling them with concrete.

String of sea fishing hooks tucked up on top of the spare, you might get lucky and get DNA evidence:)

unfortunately there is a bump key available that can open be configured to open almost anything if you know how to use it. they are not easy to get into the country and are expensive but we worked out that a couple of breakins could more than pay for it. I worked for a tracking company a year or so ago and it was an education. Active keys are now a big No-No for me as its so easy to get the key to open the car ...
If you have an active key on ANY car, dont leave the key near the door of the house when you go in. Furthest point from the car is best. An RF blocking box is a good idea. these attacks are becoming more frequent as its quite scary how much this kit is.. Im not putting details here for obvious reasons. would love to share but this is where the scumbags look for ideas.

I did a stint in social work, criminal justice.
I worked with offenders in a secure unit housing up to 36 cherubs.
Everything from survival kids that were on the streets cause mum n dad should've got sterilised, to apprentice rapists and molesters.
Now, with that in mind, when you actually catch Dodger and his crew and successfully get the tree hugger children's panel associates to agree they should lock them up (and this is after various other offences and warnings) I now had the task of working with them.
Horrendous car thefts, car crashes with injured parties good and bad, car owners who were run down, you name it !
"OK Johnny, if you admit to these 3 we will dismiss the other 438 charges against you because we can't really prove or have the time to prove you were the one, wink wink, we know and you know you did it so stop f***ing about and fess up to these 3 !!!!"
True life, I've witnessed it !
16 family members molesting their nieces and nephews etc and the only one that was charged and convicted, the dad ! He failed to keep his children safe !! He was a f***ing beast as well !!
Now, back to your pride and joy being stolen !
Best advice ? get a name not to be f***ed with, they'll go elsewhere..........usually ;)

my mate was a bit clever with electronics wiring etc , he made some sort of timer with a key on/off switch , it was hidden in the car but accessible to switch on and off , it allowed the car to start and ran for 2 miles then switched off the ecu , he never had the car stolen so never got used as such , good idea i thought , they are gone away from your home but break down... it was an Audi RS6...
i bet theres some clever cloggs on here could make these...

Hi

Has anybody fitted armour guard security lock covers on sliding and rear doors

Cheers
Andy

Is there a reason you can’t just use a “standard” 3rd party locking wheel nut bolt. A bit dearer usually than the specific spare wheel one, but there are very many more locking head configurations. The standard “VW” type all appear to be of broadly the same security key (3 pins/ holes). If near-do-wells are thieving T6 spare wheels, I’m guessing a standard bolt and key set purchased online would enable them to easily undo & steal.

...and if it doesnt lock first press, dont then walk away if it locks ok on
the 2nd attempt!
At that point the rolljammer has your 1st-press keycode.
Normally they will re-transmit this to lock the car on your 2nd press, leaving
them with a shiney new unused code to unlock it when you're gone.
Even if after a failed press, you lock it manually with the key, they still have a valid
code. Its a huge inconvenience but if the van doesnt lock on the first press, I'd
suggest just driving away, making sure you're not followed and pull up somewhere
very isolated. Lock & unlock the van to obsolete their stored code, then do your
shopping elsewhere on another day ;)

The lesson is, if the van doesnt lock on the first press, there's a reason...

Cheers
Phil

Last edited by a moderator:
unfortunately there is a bump key available that can open be configured to open almost anything if you know how to use it. they are not easy to get into the country and are expensive but we worked out that a couple of breakins could more than pay for it. I worked for a tracking company a year or so ago and it was an education. Active keys are now a big No-No for me as its so easy to get the key to open the car ...
If you have an active key on ANY car, dont leave the key near the door of the house when you go in. Furthest point from the car is best. An RF blocking box is a good idea. these attacks are becoming more frequent as its quite scary how much this kit is.. Im not putting details here for obvious reasons. would love to share but this is where the scumbags look for ideas.

You can educate us at Bala

A key safe is also an RF blocking device (double protection)

Apart from the risk of suffocating my key fobs I've been putting the camper and work van key fobs in a metal (Christmas selection) biscuit tin... Farraday biscuit cage, should work?

Apart from the risk of suffocating my key fobs I've been putting the camper and work van key fobs in a metal (Christmas selection) biscuit tin... Farraday biscuit cage, should work?
I thought this but i don't think it works. Put my Golf keys in a metal box, Put it near the front door and could open the car.

I'm an old duffer but I thought the sneaky thieves outside were stimulating the key fob in the house to generate a new code, surely the RF from the scum bags device won't be heard by my fob struggling for breath inside the biscuit tin let alone any RF the fob generates managing to escape from the tins confines bearing in mind it is a Christmas Scottish shortbread selection?:whistle:

Back