Another Stolen Cali Doncaster Area

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Loz, 8 Mar 2018.

1. Loz

Loz California 204 DSG 4Motion MY17 VCDS User Admin Moderator VIP Member

Map
    5. you do what you need to do to help you sleep at night.

andys and Oldrat like this.
  2. Blitz

Blitz Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Yep that’s the problem with security OCD. It costs me money to sleep at night :cry:

3. Gavandi

Gavandi Senior Member T6 Guru

Map
    Just returned from having Ghost Immobiliser and tracker fitted.
    Hopefully better nights sleep ahead!

Until one of my sons borrows van and does something to upset the code!!

Blitz, Ed Webb and chriscroft like this.
  4. Ed Webb

Ed Webb Webber VCDS User Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    Ghost seems good. Been calling a few fitters today. I'm booked for end of this month.

5. Blitz

Map
    Ghost is good yes. Iv not read any bad reviews.

6. Loz

Loz California 204 DSG 4Motion MY17 VCDS User Admin Moderator VIP Member

Map
  7. Ed Webb

Ed Webb Webber VCDS User Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    With Ghost fitted that van may still be on their drive.

8. Insert Coin

Insert Coin Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    This is where things get a little tricky, the scrotes can't start the van and then come upstairs and hold a knife to your wife/kids throat until you give them the code.

Blackjax would have an advantage in this situation, they'd be far enough away before the bus conks out that you would have called 999 and the Police would be on the way.

The best deterrent, better than any alarm or immobiliser is some proper justice from the courts when vehicles/tools are stolen, bang criminals up, no tv's, no PS4's and make the feckers pay for their crimes against the hard working British tax payers.

Shaun Witts, T6speed, Lucky and 5 others like this.
  9. andys

andys Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

Always p!sses me off on these police camera action style programs at the end when the voiceover says something like "the first thief received a £100 fine and a 6 month ban (on a licence he never had and never will) and the second received a conditional discharge. No further action was taken regarding the 6 vehicles they damaged during the chase". All said in a thatll-teach-them voice. WTF? no wonder they do it again, they must be laughing their heads off!

chriscroft, Shredder, Davenjo and 3 others like this.
  10. Blitz

Map
    That’s why I like watching the American ones. Grand theft auto. 7 years and a bullet hole from the Officers who caught them

11. Davenjo

Davenjo Senior Member Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

Glad I’m not the only one screaming at the TV when you see these ludicrously lenient “sentences” handed out. Another thing that p’s me off is when they blur out their faces - don’t mind if they are innocent but why blur out the faces of those that have been convicted!!??

andys and Gavandi like this.
  12. Gavandi

Map
    Yep...... and then post their pics and mugshots on a more regular crime stoppers show.
    And locally in papers...
    And on local TV......
    And on local internet sites

Actually......let’s bring back the stocks!!

Lukavell and andys like this.
  13. Davenjo

Davenjo Senior Member Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

Let’s go all the way and just hang the oxygen thieves!!

14. Vinci

Vinci Senior Member T6 Guru

Map
    No loss to society.....am I allowed to say that now a days?

Caulkhead likes this.
  15. Teesix

Teesix Member T6 Pro

How much did you guys pay to have Ghost installed? If you don't mind me asking.

16. Ads_Essex

Ads_Essex Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    £400

Teesix likes this.
  17. Teesix

Teesix Member T6 Pro

Many thanks!

18. Gavandi

Map
    Same here....well worth it.
    The guys at Wakefield threw in a free tracker but I had to pay £50 for the installation.

Teesix likes this.
  19. BeePee

BeePee Member T6 Pro

Map
    I did a stint in social work, criminal justice.
    I worked with offenders in a secure unit housing up to 36 cherubs.
    Everything from survival kids that were on the streets cause mum n dad should've got sterilised, to apprentice rapists and molesters.
    Now, with that in mind, when you actually catch Dodger and his crew and successfully get the tree hugger children's panel associates to agree they should lock them up (and this is after various other offences and warnings) I now had the task of working with them.
    Horrendous car thefts, car crashes with injured parties good and bad, car owners who were run down, you name it !
    "OK Johnny, if you admit to these 3 we will dismiss the other 438 charges against you because we can't really prove or have the time to prove you were the one, wink wink, we know and you know you did it so stop f***ing about and fess up to these 3 !!!!"
    True life, I've witnessed it !
    16 family members molesting their nieces and nephews etc and the only one that was charged and convicted, the dad ! He failed to keep his children safe !! He was a f***ing beast as well !!
    Now, back to your pride and joy being stolen !
    Best advice ? get a name not to be f***ed with, they'll go elsewhere..........usually ;)

20. T6 dork

T6 dork Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    my mate was a bit clever with electronics wiring etc , he made some sort of timer with a key on/off switch , it was hidden in the car but accessible to switch on and off , it allowed the car to start and ran for 2 miles then switched off the ecu , he never had the car stolen so never got used as such , good idea i thought , they are gone away from your home but break down... it was an Audi RS6...
    i bet theres some clever cloggs on here could make these...