Another Stolen Cali Doncaster Area

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Loz, 8 Mar 2018.

1. Loz

Loz California 204 DSG 4Motion MY17 VCDS User Admin Moderator VIP Member

Map
    12FD4126-B4F0-40EA-AF8B-0E8DE9F18CBC.jpeg

2. Fish

Fish Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    Got a link to share m8?

3. Wills

Wills Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

4. chriscroft

chriscroft 14 years of VW T 'ing VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    ..........I live 10 miles away.......
    In 2 weeks time AutoWatch Ghost gets installed to the Vel and Motorhome, can't come soon enough.
    AutoWatch will be in attendance to supervise both installations, so that should mean there will be another fully competent/trained T6-Ghost installer to help us all secure our T6's
    I'll let everybody know how we get on. I wonder if they got hold of that chaps keys........
    Crime pays, and the consequences/chances when caught just aren't sever enough.
    In no way am I racist, but the chances are there will a Cali's worth of bits on eBay next week somewhere just over the North sea or Irish sea.......... It is 20 minutes away from Scunthorpe to Hull/Immingham, in a container or ferry and gone.... probably to an ex Eastern Block Country.
    I know a guy who bought so many Cali bits from ebay-Poland it was amazing, including the power pop top. I think he started to wonder in the end. As it happens he lives in Scunthorpe, but that was a few years ago.

Gavandi likes this.
  5. Blitz

Blitz Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Spent hundreds upgrading my security too and that’s for a shuttle. Shouldn’t have to but I won’t let her go without a fight. Everyone has a different mind set and TBH I wish I didn’t stress out as much about security but theft just winds me up and I get on my soap box.

chriscroft likes this.
  6. chriscroft

Map
    I hate myself for saying what i have above; but a life of hard knocks, having delt with theft and rising insurance premiums for small companies that we run; my statements are facts and not unreasonable xenophobic comments; I have lots of friends and employees from overseas, but there is a definite pattern with some of these crimes.

7. mopardave

mopardave 150 Kombi Manual VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    errrr......why are you apologising @chriscroft ......you haven't made a racist remark.....have you? TBH, I'm shocked you've felt the need to justify your comment! :(

8. Loz

Map
    My mate lives up that way and is always moaning about travellers, says he sees them looking over his fence on a weekly basis.

9. Gavandi

Gavandi Senior Member T6 Guru

Map
  10. chriscroft

Map
    maybe because some of the work we do relates to the care sector and government/local authority contracts; and we have to spend all day thinking about how bad we all are regarding equality; beat ourselves up; then forward a reporting stating how we have discovered our short comings.........etc etc.
    Tony f..king Blair started this crap, but the Conservatives keep it going.....
    I do wonder if the UK has the fighting will left to survive............and Russia is just getting started.

11. Gavandi

Gavandi Senior Member T6 Guru

Map
    I’m not far away and worry like hell everytime I return home.
    Ghost gets installed on Monday so will feel happier
    Scumbags and toe rags!!

chriscroft likes this.
  12. chriscroft

Map
    I'm going to contimplate "Winter tyres....";) whilst I've still got the will to Live:rofl:

13. mopardave

Map
    Don't get me started on Phoney Bliar.....or political correctness.....my blood pressure is rising already!!!

chriscroft likes this.
  14. mopardave

Map
    I'm thinking of getting a disklok or stoplock.....I like the idea of a visual deterrent. Can anyone recommend anything visual?

15. DaveyB

DaveyB Funds just don’t support the desires!!! Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    @mopardave. Yeah, a Gatling Gun slung from the front window overlooking the driveway!

Go-ahead scum, make my year!!!

mopardave and chriscroft like this.
  16. Loz

Map
    Ghost is a high priority but my mate who has to leave box trailers unattended swears by some new wheel clamps he has found that use a speed brace type tool that winds them on and off really quickly then folds up and locks..

17. chriscroft

Map
    Sounds interesting for longer parking periods.

18. Loz

Map
    How about this!
    41AB44FE-1E00-482E-AE24-B9A6C28EAC47.jpeg

19. chriscroft

Map
    Vacuum suction onto the windscreen???
    Ingenious; only down side with the T6 hyper-fragile windscreen - it would probably implode after just 2 pumps.:eek::mad:

richi and DaveyB like this.
  20. mopardave

Map
    hmmmm @DaveyB ......being a pyromaniac, my deterrent of choice would be the South African flame thrower however, being the smashing, loveable guy that I am, I would then put out the flames.....with a shovel!! I know, I know.....I'm an old softy really!!:mad:

Vinci, richi, DaveyB and 1 other person like this.