Deep plastic steps without light?

Plumbwise

Is there available the side steps for the sliding doors without any lights and suitable for a factory kombi (rubber) flooring height??

The genuine ones just clip in and I think that’s what’s on vanstyle but do you need a deep step one with the standard rubber floor?

what have you got now?

The genuine ones just clip in and I think that’s what’s on vanstyle but do you need a deep step one with the standard rubber floor?

what have you got now?
I have the deep step at the moment for the rubber flooring with the standard square lighting.

I'm hoping to get the transporter deeper step with no light cut outs, and then cut out for the oval lighting.

Ok, gotcha. So you want a deep step with no light. Mine has a blank instead of a light and when I removed it (clipped in) I found the blank was actually a light sprayed black! This may be because the deep steps only come with Holes for lights.

im pretty sure no matter what you find online would clip in though

Is it the Caravelle light you are hoping to fit? If so,is it not bigger that the hole for the normal light?

Yes it is, which I have cut out the oval size hole but to cover the original cut out the new light position is a little close to the body of the van and the new light comes in contact. So the light position needs to be 20mm to the outer of the van to miss the body and that is the reason I could do with a step with no light cut out.

You can get the extra deep step from vanstyle for around £35

I'm considering that Vanstyle raised step which looks like it might possibly do the job for me. Their blurb says it suits 12mm (or 14mm!?) ply flooring, but doesn't allow for any insulation. I'm adding Dodo Pro Van floor insulation which is 7.5mm but probably squashes to a bit less than that, so I should only have maybe 4-5mm extra.
Does anybody know if this step is flexible enough to take that difference? Vanstyle have so far only been able to give me info limited to what's in their listing.

If you need a little extra depth then the Caravelle steps are deeper than the others

Thanks, I had literally just spotted one of those on Ebay at only double the price of the VanStyle one which actually isn't bad for an OEM part. Very tempted but hard to know precisely without the dimensions. Too tall is worse than a tiny bit low I guess? Also just read that thinning down the plywood under the step could make it possible to squeeze the Vanstyle one in, but not sure I like that solution much.
Just measured mine again. Measured the metal step at approx 80mm and my ply takes it up to 100mm (102mm with vinyl). Does that sound right for the Caravelle step?

Hi @ianp63 , i think that would perhaps be too thich for the deeper kombi step but not sure on that. I will measure my Caravelle step tomorrow when its light and post you a photo and you can see the depth. Im sure this will have been covered on here before so maybe someone else will know the depths off hand

Here you go @ianp63 ,i think after your insulation compacts a bit,you might be about right with a Caravelle step but like i said yesterday,im sure pthers will have done exactly what you are doing so maybe someone else will know for definite,hope thisIMG_0944.jpg helps

Thanks. I've compared it to my old step which sat on the metal floor and the Caravelle step looks about 30mm higher. That does assume that the underside of the step is the same (about 15mm), but it’s got to be close to allow the sidewall fasteners to fit. Unfortunately, that makes the Caravelle step overall dimension from the van’s metal step to the top of the flooring approx 110mm which is 10mm too much for me.
.42D7F2F3-7A08-49B9-A20E-134F60A4A002.jpegA0944024-7567-434D-941C-60F70D004B4A.jpeg
Unless there’s another alternative, I guess I’ll have to try to make the Vanstyle one fit by raising it up by a few mm and/or cutting down the ply thickness at the edge.

For anyone else who’s trying to get dimensions from Vanstyle, I managed to get this......Their step is 80mm, and from the floor lip to the base of the moulding is 90mm so there really is no space for insulation at all.
So that one is 10mm too short and the Caravelle step is 10mm too high for my floor. Still looking for the one that’s just right!! I’ll buy the step before I do the floor next time.

I would use a Caravelle step and either fit an extra 10mm insulation/sound deadening under the floor or run sealer around the step to fill the gap

I think the Caravelle step might be OK for you.
I went with a Reimo floor and it has plywood underneath which makes it quite thick. There are other threads with the same question and various photos of depths.

The external step to top of moulding appears to be;
Caravelle 9.5cm
Kombi 8.5cm
Panel Van 6.5cm

Hope that helps

Back