Another cracked screen.

B8mkL6s6kGmYJzM5NdZeZoph-nQVf-bnnIAJAnGtG5ijAqsJJMrBaAKuGVQKe2py65tHA3hiM_Xaas7yQh4NwQwOsj10JvO6LluBWoi6z9hyqQcDZIsm1B9WE5xr6_pU7_lrt8grv9p8Rv11-vCubEGFP9sEy8sTCgwFEEkBwIBNueKfjD_LkDd4DjJHp-DjDUW6NVc5w6eUuqrfoJrsG_oPW8HUMqGJ6p-UjQmj1X7gnc_mpdkXQP3ZmnuPa3wHcPfGHMtN1bIfD5VNjfSOQKnuBRWs523Gse3KEqKW9WwW7HSJ_A5_FY2ls-0wXPobbdxXcyhx-mwI8tXDYfiDOwsu3kKn5boiGCwZsjafG2Z2KJ9Oo5tQAxXvIcYAdz6Fk1JRTSTLuYIzL_UfS0Utp_nWCQJVFj7GnWDNjxt2OXh32UzF3GLVb5O8CmU3-tvjmduCvtTsgba8P3sor4VDqscbu-VZak87f8W27QsSb52_11HwwjoPEUzfN-XI5iiDBU3jAyTBz45-wErJMwURgdvoaWr8xz-IuZ2xmb2TvazaBlv5ylR_F5S2niwRfc_nQkYsas7AeTdkfxOXD8OHrx5g4m6J9YKBMS75c9sJEieojDLapVHIwNXDVjGqv82vISxPeOpD6XIeLqsEq4ewkeKHPuGClhucuA2gG5Sx7yvUSTEwwRcnovhw1PQb7g=w1684-h1264-no

Me too, me too. Company van so will give someone a call and go through the rigmarole. Had to have 2 in my last Outlander, 18k miles in the T6 now and first crack. Looks like it was a chip that has propagated into a crack.

Have I got the lowest miles T6 needing a replacement screen? 300 miles and WALLOP! Whacking great stone kicked up hits my heated screen. Looks like a little spiders Webb at the bottom of the screen now! Anyway call to Brentacre, then onto Auto Windscreens. £100 excess and coming out to replace a week on Friday

I've now had 3 screens cracked. The latest is on the passenger side so I'm just going to leave it until it cracks again in an MOT failure area.

First stone strike and the windscreen cracked... they didn't say it was made of sugar glass when I bought it...:mad::mad::mad:

Whats the excess on insurance these days...

20200805_111320.jpg

i think they would repair that onsite. - doubt you would need a full screen replacement?

call your insurer,

last time i had one like that they sent a mobile van to my work address and sorted in about an hour.

1596638604608.png

1596638621220.png

I had my first screen at 2200miles. I’m on my 4th now - the first 2 were genuine VW ones the last 2 were St Gobain ones. Victor will be 4 in November and he’s currently done 76K. The screen in at the moment has lasted the longest at 19 months but I do have a couple of chips. All were fitted by Autoglass by the same technician and I was happy with them. He told me the early ones were problematic if they were the heated type. I did post on here some time back the genuine VW part no. and you can get them very cheap direct from Europe.

Most clubs I’d join ... but not wishing to join this Club too soon ......but have noticed lots of very small chips on screen ( mines heated ).......can glass be soft? ......hope ur all sorted soon :(
It’s definitely softer than the screen was in my old T5, but that wasn’t heated. I did over 100k in that van and all sorts bounced off the screen over the years, without a single blemish. New screen going in next week :thumbsup:

So having spoken to the insurance and them putting me onto nationwide windscreen services they claim any windscreen damage larger than a one penny piece means the screen must be replaced... and cannot be repaired successfully... so booked in for a new screen with a £115 excess to pay... :confused:

So having spoken to the insurance and them putting me onto nationwide windscreen services they claim any windscreen damage larger than a one penny piece means the screen must be replaced... and cannot be repaired successfully... so booked in for a new screen with a £115 excess to pay... :confused:
Hmmmm..... Does that not only apply to the swept area directly in front of the driver?

The windscreen company didn't even ask the location of the damage... just the size of the damage... at which point he said it was a replacement required.

Personally I think that they're all in it to make money... hope the renewal price on the insurance doesn't spike upwards...

Good chance that some of this damage is caused by drivers fitting wider wheels and spacers that put their tyres outside of the wheel arches:uh run:

Back