Another California on its way..

Nice one, I like the colour even though I must admit my wife is not keen on it, See you filled the cupboard with junk already then

Looks great loz - the colour works well.

Shout if you need any Cali Ocean pointers/help/whatever. Oh and if you find that daft rear cup holder rail thingy useful, do tell me what for - we've left it in the house since we got it; I remember the excitement of it when the van was first previewed...

Look out for dirt in the sliding seats channels - we cover them with a rug but in the last one they ended up swallowing a lot of dirt and they are incredibly hard to clean out.

Looks great loz - the colour works well.

Shout if you need any Cali Ocean pointers/help/whatever. Oh and if you find that daft rear cup holder rail thingy useful, do tell me what for - we've left it in the house since we got it; I remember the excitement of it when the van was first previewed...

Look out for dirt in the sliding seats channels - we cover them with a rug but in the last one they ended up swallowing a lot of dirt and they are incredibly hard to clean out.

Thanks, we both looked at the cupholder and it's strange "Connector" but couldn't see a place for it to plug into?

I have a T6 Blackberry California on order...

Ocean 2.0L 204ps 4motion DSG
Metallic paint (Blackberry)
Alloy spare wheel
Composition media radio
App connect
Lockable storage compartment
Adaptive cruise control
Front and rear sensors with camera
LED front headlights
Hi Beam assist
17 in chassis with brakes
Awning and Rails in black
Heavy duty anti-roll bars
Mudflaps front and rear
Four remote folding keys
Privacy glass
Differential lock
Wheel arch protection
Bumper protection

Underbody protection and suspension lift kit not available in the UK so will be looking into this next year..
Looks ab-fab. I Notice you haven't got the wheel arch protectors on. Have you changed your mind?

Looks ab-fab. I Notice you haven't got the wheel arch protectors on. Have you changed your mind?
Not a factory order in the UK grrrrr they are on my list, I do have the carbon fibre bumper trim to go on as soon as I can remember where I put it...

Not a factory order in the UK grrrrr they are on my list, I do have the carbon fibre bumper trim to go on as soon as I can remember where I put it...
I thought long and hard about the protectors, the black trim looks good against my mojave beige; as it does against your blackberry. You can buy them as a VW UK Dealer Accessory, can't you?

Last edited:
I thought long and hard about the protectors, the black trim looks good against my mojave beige; as it does against your blackberry. You can by them as a VW UK Dealer Accessory, can't you?
I want to see the Carbon mods guys who did the bumper protector were up for making me some first... :)

Thanks, we both looked at the cupholder and it's strange "Connector" but couldn't see a place for it to plug into?
It sits on the rail where the folding/sliding table goes. But the size, shape and angle (which you can adjust) are pretty limited so your cup needs to be exactly the right size. Then there's the funny cup/ashtray thing that can go in it - eh?!! Anyway it's sat next to me in the office, unused since we got it.

You mention protection - get under yours if you can and have a look. I've had a good nose around and it's MUCH better protected than the old Cali with a layer of thick plastic under almost everything. The only thing I think need protection if you do take it well off road is the spare wheel carrier and the exhaust silencer. I haven't pushed this one as hard as we pushed the old Cali but while it won't go as far as your Touraeg, they are surprisingly capable on the rough stuff. I also added OEM side bars to me old one and soon realised all they really did is made a loud ping when stones hit them, were hard to clean and scratched easily plus the took away a couple of inches of clearance.

It's great fun learning all the ins and outs of them; enjoy!!

I read half the manual whilst we visited father in law in hospital this evening, learned a couple of things I hadn't found like a long press on the voice button activates Siri whilst the CarPlay is connected.

@Loz , that is one amazing looking machine , showroom pics are very rare and definitely ones to keep, enjoy it mate :thumbsup:

You know I thought this was how they treated everyone now, Is it just certain dealers that do this?

Mine was in a nice heated handover bay with comfy seats, coffee machine etc, all very posh for a van centre!

Back