Friday, 28 May, 2021 - 12:00
Until: Monday, 31 May, 2021 - 13:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke with them at the weekend to confirm my booking being carried over from last year. I got the impression that despite being fully booked (which was confirmed over the phone as others have said) that they are keen to get as many in as possible.

It was also confirmed that they are splitting the group up as they aren’t accepting large group bookings, so we’ll be separated around the site.

Nothing new in this post I don’t think, but it does confirm what others have already been told.

Right, considering that this is our first ever camping trip as a family (2 adults+1child), any advice what to bring with us. Any useful advice would be appreciated. I am sure that we will learn more as we get used to our new campervan life. Thanks in advance.

Right, considering that this is our first ever camping trip as a family (2 adults+1child), any advice what to bring with us. Any useful advice would be appreciated. I am sure that we will learn more as we get used to our new campervan life. Thanks in advance.

whatever you can fit in! except the telly, you wont need that.
BBQ, Beer, Food, something to sleep in, something to eat with and something to use in the day (boots, bikes, wetsuits etc)
something to sit on and something to keep you warm in the evening, it still gets cold and we may not have the central fire gathering this time so something to light a fire in, maybe.
anything else you can probably do without. Until next time.
You wont forget it a second time, its a learning curve as we all have different needs and its fun to deal with stuff, or without.
Welcome to the group.

How old is the child? There is a small park/playarea at the entrance. There is not much in the way of walks off the site but if you are into any watersports there is a lot to do. I've just bought one of these after seeing the fun people had with them 2 years ago and I paid £107. Intex K2 Challenger Kayak 2 Person Inflatable Canoe with Aluminum Oars and Hand Pump: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors

Lot of kids turn up with fishing nets etc and there are some rocks to explore. Normally space for a ball game or 2. Saw similar to this last year and the kids had a great time - and some of the adults after a snifter or 2. 3 In 1 Badminton Volleyball and Tennis Training Game Set kids garden sport kit childrens games: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors

The town is great and about a 25 minute walk down the road. Some great pubs and cafes. Bikes are a good option if you have them.

What ever you forget to bring one of us will have a spare . In the case of Simon and Elaine they'll have multiple spares of everything including a kitchen sink and jacuzzi!

What ever you forget to bring one of us will have a spare . In the case of Simon and Elaine they'll have multiple spares of everything including a kitchen sink and jacuzzi!

This is literally true, a couple years back i came to bala without SWMBO and on arrival realised i had no pots/pans, no cutlery/plates etc etc
Within 10 mins everyone gave me bits and bobs to cover everything i was missing but dont think i ended up needing it as everyone took pity on me and kept giving me food :)

This is literally true, a couple years back i came to bala without SWMBO and on arrival realised i had no pots/pans, no cutlery/plates etc etc
Within 10 mins everyone gave me bits and bobs to cover everything i was missing but dont think i ended up needing it as everyone took pity on me and kept giving me food :)
This seems to be theme with you. ;)

Thanks for the tips, I am sure we will have a good time. Is it worth bringing bikes, is there a path to the town or would we need to cycle on the road? Really looking forward to meeting you all.

Thanks for the tips, I am sure we will have a good time. Is it worth bringing bikes, is there a path to the town or would we need to cycle on the road? Really looking forward to meeting you all.
There is a Narrow pavement to the town. Some if ya are taking bikes to have a bimble around the local area.

Wife just been reading on the TripAdvisor about the campsite, although not many recent reviews (last one from the last year) which are very mixed. Few of the reviews are indicating noise issues and cleanliness of the facilities. Last review is also bringing noise issue due to the proximity to the main road. She is bit concerned now, given that this would be our first camping trip with our new van, and our little daughter is a light sleeper.

Any large campsite is going to have a lot of noise and this one is big. Lots of people talking.
An A road runs alongside and it has cars on it. Having said that I stayed there 2019 and didn't notice an elevated noise level outside of talking and kids playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back