All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Status
Not open for further replies.

czmate1999

VIP Member
T6 Legend
To the great and the good,

I know it’s early to discuss this, as we are still under lockdown, but is this on anyone’s radar?

cheers

I think Wales is still closed and they're unlikely to let those sasenachs from across the border in any time soon! :D

Another 3 weeks “Stay @ home” for us but current data reads positive. It’s predicted to be the last before a controlled “reopening of the economy“ No news when camp sites will be included though... Def passport requirement to visit Wales though.
I’m surprised no one has opened a new thread “ Have you had your jab” :mexican wave:

Response.
I still have your bookings and very much hoping we can open somehow this year. We have had to change the rules regarding groups so there is an option for you to cancel and have all the deposits returned if you wish. If you still decide you wish to come, you will not be able to pitch as a large group and will be spread out and large gatherings in the evenings will not be allowed. I have 15 units all paid £30 deposit namely - Fish, Upton, Conlan, Ernoult, Ryland, Urquart, Thomas, Peate, Phipps, Grant, Scott, Blackburn, Bridges, Webb, Yates & Sykes.

Response.
I still have your bookings and very much hoping we can open somehow this year. We have had to change the rules regarding groups so there is an option for you to cancel and have all the deposits returned if you wish. If you still decide you wish to come, you will not be able to pitch as a large group and will be spread out and large gatherings in the evenings will not be allowed. I have 15 units all paid £30 deposit namely - Fish, Upton, Conlan, Ernoult, Ryland, Urquart, Thomas, Peate, Phipps, Grant, Scott, Blackburn, Bridges, Webb, Yates & Sykes.
Hmmmm, I believe the covid rules for Wales will be announced on 12 March, so I guess this all might change? And likely change again...

I know this campsite well and have stayed here many times. It is a very popular site and is always fully booked for this weekend well in advance.
I imagine that will be the case this year especially with all the previous bookings from last year.
I think this will be a case of if you’re names not on the list.
If people are thinking of a May gathering, it might be prudent to look at alternative venues.

I know this campsite well and have stayed here many times. It is a very popular site and is always fully booked for this weekend well in advance.
I imagine that will be the case this year especially with all the previous bookings from last year.
I think this will be a case of if you’re names not on the list.
If people are thinking of a May gathering, it might be prudent to look at alternative venues.
Think we just need to confirm, as booking is from last year and was being rolled over.

so from the list of those from last year, below, is everyone still willing to go?

Fish, Upton, Conlan, Ernoult, Ryland, Urquart, Thomas, Peate, Phipps, Grant, Scott, Blackburn, Bridges, Webb, Yates & Sykes.

Think we just need to confirm, as booking is from last year and was being rolled over.

so from the list of those from last year, below, is everyone still willing to go?

Fish, Upton, Conlan, Ernoult, Ryland, Urquart, Thomas, Peate, Phipps, Grant, Scott, Blackburn, Bridges, Webb, Yates & Sykes.
Is this not automatically confirmed/booked from last year?

I have let my booking roll over, so would be willing to go, however if we are not allowed to park in a group etc. then I think I would prefer to find another campsite.

Is this not automatically confirmed/booked from last year?

For those people on the list - yes.

Going to check that they will be following Welsh govt rules and not enforcing their own. Next update from Welsh govt is Friday.

The answer to my question they have provided the below response. It seems to be a more general change - as opposed to just COVID. I do not think anybody was planning on getting wasted and causing any ruckus, so my question, based on this and their response is, who is still planning to go? We are happy to go (inc. our 12 year old) but if no one else is we may make alternative arrangements... We plan to walk, cycle and have a quiet drink/chat and bbq in the evenings...

Q. Will you be following the Welsh Govt rules or is this a broader change of policy?

Their response,
We will honour all of last year's group bookings if we are allowed to open our park but will be allowing more space between pitches and large gatherings late in the evening will not be allowed. I have attached our altered terms and if you are not happy to come on this basis, I can refund the deposit you paid last year if you forward your bank details.

From their new t&c’s,
• Small groups of families (maximum of 3) accepted by prior arrangement only, no adult parties, stag or hen nights accepted. Persons under 19 yrs have to be supervised by an adult over 25 yrs of age. Noise must be kept to a minimum at all times so as not to annoy or disturb neighbouring campers.

BTW, not pushing this on anybody but just want to firm up personal arrangements. Many thanks to @Ed Webb for his initial enquiry Of the campsite.

We are still happy to go. I think that with the rush for people to book sites it might be difficult to find an alternative at short notice. We will have to meet in smaller groups.

The answer to my question they have provided the below response. It seems to be a more general change - as opposed to just COVID. I do not think anybody was planning on getting wasted and causing any ruckus, so my question, based on this and their response is, who is still planning to go? We are happy to go (inc. our 12 year old) but if no one else is we may make alternative arrangements... We plan to walk, cycle and have a quiet drink/chat and bbq in the evenings...

Q. Will you be following the Welsh Govt rules or is this a broader change of policy?

Their response,
We will honour all of last year's group bookings if we are allowed to open our park but will be allowing more space between pitches and large gatherings late in the evening will not be allowed. I have attached our altered terms and if you are not happy to come on this basis, I can refund the deposit you paid last year if you forward your bank details.

From their new t&c’s,
• Small groups of families (maximum of 3) accepted by prior arrangement only, no adult parties, stag or hen nights accepted. Persons under 19 yrs have to be supervised by an adult over 25 yrs of age.

I still fancy coming to this, can someone remind me of the dates please?

I still fancy coming to this, can someone remind me of the dates please?
Should be the weekend of the 29th May, the bank holiday weekend - not the weekend of the 22nd previously mentioned.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back