Annual T6f Pilgrimage To Bala Lake 24th - 27th May 2019

Been in that lake in this lifetime, box ticked. No need to do it again! :rolleyes:

I find falling in the Lake to be a great hangover cure.
Take note. The Lake is VERY cold this time of year so I strongly recommend wearing a wetsuit.
I can second that. Remember capsizing on it a couple of years ago, even with all my sailing kit on, it was certainly chillier than expected.

I can highly recommend The Honey Cafe for breakfast on the way up.
ED87D39F-35F8-4B79-8468-F4743F8B507D.png

Is there an arrival time window we have to adhere to? What’s the latest?

Don’t think so, I guess the campsite will be expecting late arrivals so shouldn’t matter, I reckon I’ll be there between 8-9

So who has arrived yet? Not planning to leave home until about 19:30/20:00 when hopefully all the ridiculous traffic has Foxtrot Oscar’d. I’ll snap the T6 salute as I go past the top of Bala on my way to Pwllheli.
Don’t go too mad on the sherberts on the first night, you don’t want to spend all of tomorrow feeling so bad you can’t get back on it.

Bala 2019.. more work n help by T6F members.

Fantastic turn out and all great enjoyment..
A mixture of full campers and experienced T6 owners to newbies and tents.

Weather has been as good as the banter so far.

20190525_124317.jpg

Bala 2019.. more work n help by T6F members.

Fantastic turn out and all great enjoyment..
A mixture of full campers and experienced T6 owners to newbies and tents.

Weather has been as good as the banter so far.

View attachment 44037
Oh FFS @Fish, now what are you getting your loyal minions to do for you?

I waved as I drove past the top of the lake at 22:30 last night. Pulled in at the Welsh National Sailing Academy in Pwllheli at 23:30. Roof got thrown up, everyone scurried into bed.

Pitched camp today.

Click here to support Young sailors need help to compete organised by David Bray

9D7E01FC-8212-498E-9392-853469F3A7A9.jpeg

Oh FFS @Fish, now what are you getting your loyal minions to do for you?

I waved as I drove past the top of the lake at 22:30 last night. Pulled in at the Welsh National Sailing Academy in Pwllheli at 23:30. Roof got thrown up, everyone scurried into bed.

Pitched camp today.
View attachment 44041
Hows the new purchase?

Back