Creaking Suspension.

Hinks007

VIP Member
Hi guys I have a 2016 T32 from Swiss Vans that has been lowered 30mm, when I am going over speed bumps at the stage when the suspension is full compressed (the final stage of going over the speed bump) I'm hearing a loud creak. I'm thinking its got be the lowering springs, has anybody had similar problems?

Kind Regards

My T30 (3 months old) has developed a really loud creak when turning which appears to be on the rear suspension. Dropping at the dealer tomorrow so they can look into it for me. My dealer fitted 30mm lowered suspension so I'll post if they find anything

I have this but on H&R 50mm springs..........you get used to it and a lot less noise now van is lined and insulated :)

Just got back from the dealers and they said my creak was due to the lowered suspension springs having 'jumped out of the cup'. Really pleased I took it in. The 30mm lowering was done at the dealer I bought the van from, not my local one where I went today. They said when the springs were fitted the other dealer had neglected to fit clips that prevent the spring from jumping out of the cup. If your van creaks and has had lowered springs you may want to get someone to check it out.
On another issue I took my van in cleaned and polished. They proudly announced ' we've also cleaned it for you sir" when he hands back the keys. It looked shocking, streaks all over it, and then he asks me to give them 5 stars for my feedback - not a chance

Hi sorry I know this is an old thread but mine creeks ajust had them fitted, what clips hold them in place?

Hi sorry I know this is an old thread but mine creeks ajust had them fitted, what clips hold them in place?
Not sure, all I know the creaking/grinding noise stopped once they were fitted. Dealer said they had been missed off original install

Hi guys I have a 2016 T32 from Swiss Vans that has been lowered 30mm, when I am going over speed bumps at the stage when the suspension is full compressed (the final stage of going over the speed bump) I'm hearing a loud creak. I'm thinking its got be the lowering springs, has anybody had similar problems?

Kind Regards
I

Kind Regards
I had the creaking at low speeds. It was the bolts on the arb where it fixed the the van. The garage ruined the threads on the captive nuts and the bolt was not straight. Drill them out and bit new bolts in with nylon nuts. Solved the problem. This was with the H&R rear anti roll bar.

I had a creak over speed bumps from the rear and it was the ARB to Arm bush that was making the noise. A little bit of Silicon spray and it went away. Will look at some Powerflex bushes as the van has only done 24k miles and is not quite 3 years old. Could go down warranty route, however I had Powerflex on my T5 and it really made a difference in the feel

I had a creak over speed bumps from the rear and it was the ARB to Arm bush that was making the noise. A little bit of Silicon spray and it went away. Will look at some Powerflex bushes as the van has only done 24k miles and is not quite 3 years old. Could go down warranty route, however I had Powerflex on my T5 and it really made a difference in the feel
I’ve fitted powerflex bushes but I suspect these wasn’t tightened up fully
Its in @CRS Performance shortly so will ask them to nip it all up

Been looking at CRS Performance on the thread for Coil-overs. Need to have a chat to Replace B14 for something better. Another thread I know :thumbsup:

Been looking at CRS Performance on the thread for Coil-overs. Need to have a chat to Replace B14 for something better. Another thread I know :thumbsup:
One chat with steve and I can’t guarantee you won’t look elsewhere

Hi, I've had my 2019 t6 lowered 50mm about a month ago, it's starting creaking really badly, sounds like an old work van.
Any advice please.

Hi, I've had my 2019 t6 lowered 50mm about a month ago, it's starting creaking really badly, sounds like an old work van.
Any advice please.
Yes - what springs were fitted, by whom, what weight are you carrying and what photos can you upload?

Hi guys.

I have an annoying creaking noise from the rear of the van. Mainly when going slow over bumps which cause the van to rock side to side. I had H&R coilovers fitted about 9 months ago.

I'm thinking this is going to be the anti roll bar bushes. Has anyone had anything similar?

Am I best to fit powerflex bushes?

Is it just a matter of listing the rear and unbolting ARB and fitting or is there more too it?

Back