One thing that really attracted me to them is the direct fit , with suitably sized tyres , original bolts , bolts covers , centre caps , no spigot rings required and really good load rating !! Lots have commented on how good they look and asked why they weren't able to buy their van with them on straight from VW

View attachment 25557

Apologies for late reply , been away all weekend in the van , here is a close up , of a dirty van and wheel !!! Currently on 245/45/19 Dunlop but have a set of Nexen Nfera waiting to go on

Hi @Anthony Ball after seeing your post of your starlight blue with your Amarok wheels, have also taken the same route. Hope you don't mind me copying your lead, I'm loving the wheels. Thanks for the inspiration. :thumbsup:
PicsArt_09-29-11.29.31.png

No probs at all , they look ace on your van , what suspension you running ? I'm looking to get mine sorted this week as I now have some spare funds !!

No probs at all , they look ace on your van , what suspension you running ? I'm looking to get mine sorted this week as I now have some spare funds !!

That's a sore subject in our house :whistle: originally and in that pic I have H&R 50mm springs on the original shocks. It's a great drop and looks great.

However the ride is not great, on the motorway and smooth roads it's fine and I can live with it. However on slightly rubbish road it's a bit crashy and harsh.

I'm trying to find a slot in the next few weeks to get it into Bognor Motors to go down the B14 route.

Mrs Simmo keeps asking me why I didn't do B14's in the first placeo_O, as ever she is right, should of done that from day one! :D:D

That's a sore subject in our house :whistle: originally and in that pic I have H&R 50mm springs on the original shocks. It's a great drop and looks great.

However the ride is not great, on the motorway and smooth roads it's fine and I can live with it. However on slightly rubbish road it's a bit crashy and harsh.

I'm trying to find a slot in the next few weeks to get it into Bognor Motors to go down the B14 route.

Mrs Simmo keeps asking me why I didn't do B14's in the first placeo_O, as ever she is right, should of done that from day one! :D:D
I have done the same put 50mm H&R springs on as I was a little short of cash after convention. I am going to book in to get B14 fitted so it’s cost me more in the long run.

@Tourershine
.....Maybe they meant with some of the huge tyres fitted to the Amarok,....
Found some 18" amorok wheels locally but what size tyres should I look for when looking at them? What is too big? Don't want them too big otherwise it's extra costs I don't need. Thanks

@Tourershine

Found some 18" amorok wheels locally but what size tyres should I look for when looking at them? What is too big? Don't want them too big otherwise it's extra costs I don't need. Thanks

I assume you mean alloys, and not the Amorok steels? What size? width etc

VW Amorok Durban wheels
Screenshot_20180715-194357__01.jpg a photo of the style here are the actual wheels for sale
Screenshot_20181006-132939__01.jpg

Those wheels are 18 x 7.5J so half inch narrower than normal transporter 18s

Looking at some used Amarok wheels with tyres. They're 255 55 19
Just wondering, does anybody known if they will fit ok ?

I don't think they will fit, without big spacers and a 20mm lift over standard height. And even then it will be close.
I ran 255/55/18's and they are maxing out the allowable space, with some rubbing on full lock, and when bottoming out.

I have Amarok 19" wheels on mine, the fitment of the wheel is the same on both the T6 & Amarok. So the wheel is good to fit.

The tyres however are too big (255/55/19), you will have to change them, most people, me included, go for 245/45/19 on the 8" wide Amarok wheel.
So you would have to factor in the cost of changing the tyres. :thumbsup:

IMG_20180929_103421__01.jpg

Thank you all for replying, will have to have try and find some without tyres or just get them from VW
You may be shocked at the cost of them from VW... The only ones that's are a bargain price are the 20" diamond cut ones at £249 each.

I think I will just wait to see what turns up, was going to get 20 inch Bola T31's but I now quite like the idea of the OEM look.

Back