Hello
I am thinking of buying some alloy wheels on my van and found some Amarok 16" ones.
I have read the whole topic, and someone complained about Amarok 16" rim hitting the brake caliper (because he had bigger calipers)
How do I know if I have big(ger) brake calipers?
Mine is a 2017, T29, 102 hp CXGB engine. Came with 16" steel wheels
Will the Amarok alloys fit my van? Or should I buy something else
If your van came with 16” steels you’ll be fine with the 16” alloys…. should be a straight swap. T32’s have the bigger brakes and would have come on 17” steels. :thumbsup:

If your van came with 16” steels you’ll be fine with the 16” alloys…. should be a straight swap. T32’s have the bigger brakes and would have come on 17” steels. :thumbsup:
I bought the wheels, but I needed spacers, else it would hit in the wheel bearing housing.
Amarok wheels came with ET 62, my steel one have ET 51
20 mm wheel spacers fixed it (even less could have fixed it) :D

Amarok wheels.jpeg

So after a bit of research I opted for a second hand set of Amarok alloys. New tyres are 235/55r18.
I thought about 60 profile but the 11% increase in size over standard I suspect would've made it a bit slow and 60 profile is a tight fit.
I also considered Range rover alloys but didnt want the hassle with spiggots, new bolts and possibly spacers.
The Amarok alloys fit perfectly and the difference in tyre size is offset by the slightly different wheel offset.
no rubbing, the tyres don't stick out and there really is very little noticable lack of performance, these work out to approx 4.5% larger wheel diameter overall. I think if you stay under the 5% it all but makes little difference.
The bonus is, my speedo is corrected to within 2kms an hour. Most modern cars have ambitious speedos, check with gps to confirm yours. Previously at 100 indicated I was doing about 92. Now at an indicated 100 my gps reads 98.
Happy with the look too, standard springs, not lowered. 2016 250 runner, not chipped either.
20220525_152306.jpg

Anyone fitted these 20” Nazare Amarok wheels to their van?

Hi there!

New T6 owner here! Picked up my new 32 SWB 4Motion Kombi last week, so far......I’m loving everything about it!

Looking forward to the many adventures and memories we will make in the van!

Back