Dave F

VIP Member
T6 Guru
quick question. Will Amarok 18s with 255/60 18 V XL fit my lowered T6 or will I need to Change the tyres in them. Thanks

They will fit but they wont work...
They will go on the studs but apart from the obvious rubbing on lock, when the suspension is compressed and especially when compressed and on lock, you will damage components within the arch.
The maximum you can use without any compromise using an 18 is 235/60. Cant vouch for what lowered will throw into the equation.

They will fit but they wont work...
They will go on the studs but apart from the obvious rubbing on lock, when the suspension is compressed and especially when compressed and on lock, you will damage components within the arch.
The maximum you can use without any compromise using an 18 is 235/60. Cant vouch for what lowered will throw into the equation.
Thank you for they I didn’t think they would work but wasn’t sure.
There is a set for sale on here that I liked but I couldn’t afford to replace the tyres as well. Cheers

I'd ask what set up he was using?
Perhaps he had spacers on or a lift kit?
Or is he selling them as they wouldn't work?

The tyre profile is too high for a start so major speedo under read

The largest tyres I would run on 18" from past experience is 235/55/18 or 255/50/18, or the drivability will suffer.

The largest tyres I would run on 18" from past experience is 235/55/18 or 255/50/18, or the drivability will suffer.
Thank you all for the advice and will probably just keep my 17s and put 235s on instead of 215 which was my original plan. Thanks

Thank you all for the advice and will probably just keep my 17s and put 235s on instead of 215 which was my original plan. Thanks
I've got 17" with 235/60/17 tyres; I've also got a set of 18" Amarok's in the shed and may run them later this year with 235/55/18 All-Seasons

I've got 17" with 235/60/17 tyres; I've also got a set of 18" Amarok's in the shed and may run them later this year with 235/55/18 All-Seasons
I will keep my eyes open for s set with the correct size wheels on it like I say go to 235. I still have a few months life on my tyres so will see what happens. Do you have a pic with your van on the Amaroks

I will keep my eyes open for s set with the correct size wheels on it like I say go to 235. I still have a few months life on my tyres so will see what happens. Do you have a pic with your van on the Amaroks
Nope, wheels still in the shed without the correct tyres on yet

Nope, wheels still in the shed without the correct tyres on yet
Any idea on what brand of tyre and also would you put all wether tyres on?. Just trying to get a full cost together.
I assume that I wouldn’t need spacers on so I could sell my Devonports and spacers. Cheers

So if you go with the 18" Amarok wheels my thoughts would be to go for:

Slightly over sized:
Nokian Tyres / All Season SUV 4x4 / Nokian Weatherproof SUV - 235/55 R18 104V XL TL Fuel Eff.: C Wet Grip: A NoiseClass: 1 Noise: 69dB All Season - Four Season - All Weather - SUV/4x4 Tyres - 18" R18" - 235/55/18, 235/55R18
25mm spacers all round

or

Stock size:
https://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/r...58&partner=1&ID=psm_rd_uk_billiger&Country=UK
with 15mm spacer all round (Can go 25mm on rear, but starts to look less OEM imo)

So if you go with the 18" Amarok wheels my thoughts would be to go for:

Slightly over sized:
Nokian Tyres / All Season SUV 4x4 / Nokian Weatherproof SUV - 235/55 R18 104V XL TL Fuel Eff.: C Wet Grip: A NoiseClass: 1 Noise: 69dB All Season - Four Season - All Weather - SUV/4x4 Tyres - 18" R18" - 235/55/18, 235/55R18
25mm spacers all round

or

Stock size:
https://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/r...58&partner=1&ID=psm_rd_uk_billiger&Country=UK
with 15mm spacer all round (Can go 25mm on rear, but starts to look less OEM imo)
Thank you that’s a big help

jus seeing what my options are within my budget.
I currently have 215 17 with 20mm spacers front and 30 back but need new tyres on them.
If I put Amarok 18 255 on what will be the difference if I fit them without spacers.
Also can I get a good tyre that are quite for £100/110? For the Amarok alloys.
My option are get s good set of all seasons tyres for my 17”” or sell them and the spacers and get Amaroks but all the ones I have seen are the bigger tyres that need changing.
Hope this makes sense

6B234ECE-059E-4127-8812-A20E2D691C9D.png

I've been using these on my Amarok wheels.

Tyre Maxxis 245/50 ZR18 104W XL | Premitra HP5 | TyreLeader.co.uk

So far so good. Load rated for a T32 . They are a car tyre as opposed to a commercial so not sure how many miles I'll get out of them. Done 2500 miles so far without issue. This size is very slightly larger than standard in terms of radius. Just 6mm. So fractionally taller gearing. My speedo reads about +2mph over instead of about +3 on standard. The Amorak wheels are 7.5J . These tyres have '7.5j standard' moulded into side wall. If I recall correctly there is about 10mm difference in the Amarok wheel offset. Add this to the 15mm extra width (half of the 30mm total additional tread width) and I dont think there is a need for spacers at all, but that's obviously personal preference.

Max pressure is 50 psi. I run 50 front and 48 rear when camper is unloaded. 50 all round when loaded. So far wear seems even at that but it still early days.

20190630_133709.jpg

So far so good. Load rated for a T32 . They are a car tyre as opposed to a commercial so not sure how many miles I'll get out of them. Done 2500 miles so far without issue. This size is very slightly larger than standard in terms of radius. Just 6mm. So fractionally taller gearing. My speedo reads about +2mph over instead of about +3 on standard. The Amorak wheels are 7.5J . These tyres have '7.5j standard' moulded into side wall. If I recall correctly there is about 10mm difference in the Amarok wheel offset. Add this to the 15mm extra width (half of the 30mm total additional tread width) and I dont think there is a need for spacers at all, but that's obviously personal preference.

Max pressure is 50 psi. I run 50 front and 48 rear when camper is unloaded. 50 all round when loaded. So far wear seems even at that but it still early days.

View attachment 46385

Thank I think you have given me advice before as I was thinking of changing them but decided to keep them and put spacers on.
As I need new tyres I was hoping to sell my alloys and spacers if I don’t need the (probably to big anyway) and hopefully get close to buying the Amarok alloys.
I then have 4/500 for tyres that I was going to have to spend anyway.
I don’t have any spare cash so having to do research first before jumping in.

Last edited:

View attachment 46385
Just another question if you don’t mind
Why are some people fitting 255 instead of 245?
And also 45 instead of 55 ?
I am towing a caravan so do you think that needs to be considered when picking a size.
Last of all do you have spacers on the above picture .
Thank you

255/45 is the correct size. It's only me as far as know that's gone slightly oversize on the sidewalls. As I'm not planning on lowering, it just gives a tiny bit extra fill in the arches.

If your towing though, personally i'd stick with standard tyre sizes.

255/45 is the correct size. It's only me as far as know that's gone slightly oversize on the sidewalls. As I'm not planning on lowering, it just gives a tiny bit extra fill in the arches.

If your towing though, personally i'd stick with standard tyre sizes.
Thank you I had a look at a set today and they look good on the 45 and I was concerned about the hight for towing. Cheers

Back