Sold Amarok Banded Steel 9” and 9.5” with nearly new Michelin CrossClimate tyres - Duchy Banded

Status
Not open for further replies.

kn0bby

T6 Guru
Amarok Banded Steel 9” and 9.5” with Michelin CrossClimate tyres

Including VW Bolts and VW plasic centre caps.

3x 7mm on three tyres (brand new in Feb)
1x brand new tyre just fitted.
1x spare punctured repaired tyre.
(Thats 5 tyres included in the sales)

The wheels were refurbished in January. One wheel has some chips on it where the tyre fitter dropped it. BE Automotive offered to refurb it again for £50. The rest of the wheels are in great condition.

The wheels were built by Duchy.

Located in Alton in Hampshire.

£1250.00
Shall ship for £60 extra.

Imports - 1 of 14.jpeg
Imports - 2 of 14.jpegImports - 3 of 14.jpegImports - 4 of 14.jpegImports - 5 of 14.jpegImports - 6 of 14.jpegImports - 7 of 14.jpegImports - 8 of 14.jpegImports - 9 of 14.jpegImports - 10 of 14.jpegImports - 11 of 14.jpegImports - 12 of 14.jpegImports - 13 of 14.jpegImports - 14 of 14.jpeg

How they look on a T6.. This is with B14's as low as they will go.

Van sale - 1 of 1.jpeg

Thought they still looked great with a 40mm drop from standard.

C2E9A42D-876C-43B4-950D-EDAEC15F42E2.jpeg

A little video…

No interest?

Am I too expensive? What you see cost me £1650. I thought for a nearly fresh set of steelies with nearly new tyres and a spare £1250 was fair. I’m open to offers.

My van is sold now so keen to get the steels gone.

Personally, having to sort the damaged wheel out would put me off.
Yes its only £50 or whatever but then its the hassle and the colour match?
Are the tyres all the same size?

I was watching this with interest, I think the price is fair. I am thinking about the same wheels but don't have money right now to purchase. Also want to use up the tires I currently have.

The colour might be a bit niche, from looking at the photos they suit your blue van really nicely however mine is beige and i'm not sure it would work.

Also would agree with above, for the sake of £50 it might be worth doing the fix yourself so you get the best money.

If you can it might be worth sitting on them for a bit until the right buyer comes along.

Quite a bit too expensive in my opinion.
1 damaged wheel. I would need to factor in the cost of all 4 wheels being refurbished.
I had to sell mine for less than this and wheels perfect abd oretty new Bridgestone tyres.
Plus your tyres are an odd size that is not normally run with these wheels.

1 damaged wheel. I would need to factor in the cost of all 4 wheels being refurbished.
I had to sell mine for less than this and wheels perfect abd oretty new Bridgestone tyres.

Clearly I was wrong on the price. lol

What tires would you normally run on at 9-9.5 rim, 275?

Final question if you don't mind me asking, why did you ditch them. I have seen plenty for sale on here recently, is it just cosmetic or is there another issue?

Clearly I was wrong on the price. lol

What tires would you normally run on at 9-9.5 rim, 275?

Final question if you don't mind me asking, why did you ditch them. I have seen plenty for sale on here recently, is it just cosmetic or is there another issue?
He said he sold the van so doesn't need the wheels

255/45/18 is the size that most people are running with their banded amaroks?

I think it "the" size of 18" tyre for just about every 18" Transporter wheel isn't it?
If you want a more stretched look then 235/50/18, but 255/45/18 is a VW factory size that works perfect on banded amaroks.

This may be a dumb question but why is the front 9 and rear 9.5. Assume it's a cosmetic thing.

I have a 4-motion and was under the impression that it's good to have all four wheels as identical as possible. I assume the rears will be a very slightly smaller diameter because the tyre will be more stretched.

This may be a dumb question but why is the front 9 and rear 9.5. Assume it's a cosmetic thing.

I have a 4-motion and was under the impression that it's good to have all four wheels as identical as possible. I assume the rears will be a very slightly smaller diameter because the tyre will be more stretched.
Yes, purely for looks.

As for the 4-motion system the difference will be so small as to make no difference in practice.

No interest?

Am I too expensive? What you see cost me £1650. I thought for a nearly fresh set of steelies with nearly new tyres and a spare £1250 was fair. I’m open to offers.

My van is sold now so keen to get the steels gone.
Personally I think it might be worth you getting the damaged wheel repaired/refurbished yourself, then £1250 is a fair price.

Those Michelin CrossClimate’s are a quality premium tyre, which I’m sure would’ve been a minimum of £150 per corner, so that’s over £600 just in tyres!

Good luck with your sale. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back