Alternator not charging, replace on work T6! A few months back, thankfully when weather was a lot warmer! But here’s a very quick how too!

Ckytr

Well the trusty work van pinged on a battery warning light! Not accessible enough to do volt drops but due to milage could only be its warn out!! Could defo do one a lot quicker 2nd time round…!! Full front end unbolted and moved away to gain access to it! But all done

Makes a change fixing my own vehicle breakdown

It’s doing well 163261 miles on it currently

0F6BA921-92F9-4CF7-AA11-2144D9E6202B.jpeg

409EEB6E-4C80-4F24-8795-606A96055AC7.jpeg

9AA808DA-DEB0-455E-A45C-9F0B964AE071.jpeg

that's awesome. . .

do you have the service mode slider pins as part of your RAC work kit?

did they pay you for fixing there van?

:mexican wave:

what engine does it have?

and did the ALT come out the top?

++++++++++++

someone asked about this the other day . . . . .

@Loz got a link to that post?

that's awesome. . .

do you have the service mode slider pins as part of your RAC work kit?

did they pay you for fixing there van?

:mexican wave:
Hi, no we don’t get service mode pins, I used my jack to support the crash beam and slid out, have to unclip some A/C pipe mounting and some wiring loom bits to allow it move enough to get the alternator out. The vehicle is owned by hitachi leasing, so they paid for the alternator and the labour to them is free via us. As with all other breakdown repairs, to be honest I wouldn’t do this roadside due to time needed. I did repair while on shift so put a job in for it, was a Friday night when it failed, didn’t want to have to wait to get it booked in, done etc and have to borrow another patrols van! So jus cracked on!!

OEM Procedure:

service position,
remove Polly belt,
disconnect & remove

1674232310565.png

OEM Procedure:

service position,
remove Polly belt,
disconnect & remove

View attachment 185528
i must admit I didn’t know when I started what was involved, quickly realised stuff needed moving out the way, presumably the service pins hold the front end assy, where I just used my jack and and pry bar to hold the bonnet open
Out with the old and in with the replacement, then all back together! Quick use off laying mat to check alignment of headlamps

Back