Alpine speaker upgrade and sub

It looks like a lot of kit for the money, Alpine stuff is usually pretty good too...

Be careful I'd drop them a msg through eBay, as when you look at the pica, it doesn't tally with what the say is supplied, the controller is not listed, nor its box and lead..

Interesting find though.. Let us know how you go.. Could put it in as a rear setup....

If things seem too cheap to be true, there is usually a reason. Alpine stuff is normally pretty good, but I bought Hertz components, and JL sub in custom made enclosure, with amp from Absolut5 and it was a lot more expensive than this. I got what I paid for, and what I would have expected to pay for quality kit.
That just sounds too cheap. Fake goods from Middle East???????

Yeah the picture shows more than there is , advert reads

What’s included in the kit

• 1 x Alpine Under Seat Bass Box
  • 1 x Pair of Speakers
  • 1 x Pair of Brackets
  • 1 x Pair of Speaker Connectors

But think that's still good value? Still doing me homework with it yet. The company is based in Wolverhampton will have to give them a call.

I'll be honest with you, you will be wasting your money,

The sub hasn't got enough output or quality for a vehicle the size of a Transporter, especially when moving and the speakers are not efficient enough to run off the factory headunit...

If budget is important, I'd rather sell you a our custom underseat enclosure with a JL 10" sub and an amp and leave the stock speakers in place, as these will sound better as they will not see as much bass due to the sub doing all the hard work.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the price for that? Mine is only used as a van so has the bulkhead in place.
I'd recommend it. got it in my van, albeit with decent components in the doors, but it produces hell of a punch. The presence of the amp enables you to set the low pass frequencies into the sub. For the couple of quid extra get the JL bass control dimmer for the dash so you can wind the bass level up or down dependent on choooon.

We do a JL 10w0 with enclosure for £189.00 and with a JL 10w1 £239.00 then you need an amp, good ones start from around £175.00 but we prefer the JL XD range as they accept the speaker level direct from the headunit and perform excellently....

We are about to do a self powered sub enclosure based on the subs above

@DaveyB I can imagine you behind the wheel sub under seat, no kids or wife in car playing 'ace of base' and singing along to "all that she wants....."
WHO???? I think that says more about your taste in music, in that you know whomever they are.
However, banging the foofighters through it is awesome!

We do a JL 10w0 with enclosure for £189.00 and with a JL 10w1 £239.00 then you need an amp, good ones start from around £175.00 but we prefer the JL XD range as they accept the speaker level direct from the headunit and perform excellently....

Do the self powered ones have the amp built in?

Just curious is it possible to wire an amp to the standard system?

Just saw a JBL with amp for £80 on ebay so tempted given boot space lol

I have the JL amp that Absolut5 recommends, and that is running off the original discover head unit. The only issue it causes is that it logs an error code for all four front speakers as they are not returning a signal to the head unit. This however causes no problem, it's just an error code that you'll see everytime you go in with VCDS/ Carista.

Back