[T6] Alpine iLX-F905D Halo 9

Haro

I've recently bought a van and the previous owner had changed the original VW Discovery head unit to an Alpine Halo iLX-F903D. Which to be honest I'm not that impressed with for several reason. He also upgraded the front speakers and fitted a sub under the seat, but to be honest I don't think the sound quality is particularly great, although I can't compare it to the original.

Can anyone help me with the following.
a) It turns on as soon as the van is unlocked, without even putting the key in the ignition, which is annoying if I'm just loading the van as my music is blasting out. Could this be incorrectly wired up?

b) Can the screen angle be adjusted, as the sun seems to catch the screen most of the time, so makes reading Sat Nav from it unusable.

c) Can any of the functions in the instrument cluster and controls on the steering wheel, such as Sat Nav directions, Radio Station etc, be made to work with the head unit?

d) I think it could really benefit from rear speakers, so I plan to fit them at some point. Has anyone got a guide to routing cabling cables for fitting rear speakers?

Thanks

Hiya

A, You can switch that feature off in the settings,
B, you can adjust the screen in height and angle
C, the MFSW should be working, along with basic info on the MFD
D, normally you route the rear speaker cables up the passenger A pillar and along the ceiling, attaching it to the main loom which runs the full length of the vehicle and drop it down the rear pillars and to the position of the speakers

The Halo is a bit Marmite, some love them, others think they are ripe for thieves, it’s not our biggest seller to be honest but with the correct audio setup will sound very good, the problem is that they see the cost, which looks attractive but do not purchase the correct parts to install them, which bumps the cost up considerably,

What speakers, amp and sub is in there? pictures of it all will help.

If you want drop us a pm and we can go through it all in better detail

Jason

Hi Jason
Thanks for replying,
I don’t seem to have an option for Pre ignition.
It also cuts the power to the unit momentarily when auto stop start kicks in.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

It sounds to me that you do not have the correct Alpine to T6 interface installed

Unfortunately I’m in the East Midlands, hopefully I’ll come down to get the rear speakers fitted in the near future. But I’d like to get these other issues fixed first. Is there anything I can fit/buy to solve this?

I had my Alpine x-802DU head unit, which is essentially the same, replaced under warranty as sat nav was shifting around all over the place - Absolut5 installed the original, and I swapped out the replacement.

I had the same power on with ignition with the original, but the replacement with latest firmware does not start with ignition - havent looked for a setting. Jason enabled sat nav on the display, and since the new unit, and new can bus interface, I no longer get error messages on the dash display.

Unfortunately I’m in the East Midlands, hopefully I’ll come down to get the rear speakers fitted in the near future. But I’d like to get these other issues fixed first. Is there anything I can fit/buy to solve this?

I really need more details, what interface is being used, also what speakers etc were installed

I suggest looking at the manual, which shows you how to remove it and also the screen adjustment

Hi Absolut5

Could you please advise the best infotainment adaptor for the halo 9 on a T6.. I have Australian aerpro one and not getting the info on MFD and the parking sensors are not displaying with reverse camera..

Thanks in advance..

Some stuff on that here,

have a read see if it helps...

Back