Reversing cameras and Alpine stereo

hi i am going to fit a alpine halo 9 whats the best camera to go with it?

thanks
We always use Pioneer for their reliability, cable quality and image depth

Kenwood or Alpines are very good as well,

Cheaper cameras are not worth the effort as most pack up due to moisture, poor cable quality and the image is not as good

Hi all,
First Post on here so here goes.

I'm having trouble with the halo reversing cameras. Had a cheap Ebay reversing camera that was working really well until it got wet and the image flipped upside down (annoying!). I've now tried to replace this with 2 other cameras and both have not worked when installed using existing wires. I'm now back on the original camera which is still showing an image. Surely I can't have had 2 duff cameras. Is there something I'm missing?

Any help is appreciated.

The other two cameras you tried, were they the same model?

They've all been the the generic Chinese camera, 12v positive and negative at the camera with an av connector and remote line.

Screenshot_20200510_181044.jpg

Have you tried in settings changing between NTSC and PAL?

Where do you take your power from to feed the camera?

Power was taken from the back of the head unit and run down the AV lead (red lead). This was wired in when I had my head unit fitted.

Green / brown wire?

I am not sure what your green/brown wire is but common problem is 12V DC with pulse width modulation (PWM).
Regular volt meter won't show you that, you will see just 12V DC, so first thing I would suggest is to change your power supply point and see if it helps.

Reactions: mmi
This is just for testing so even cigarette socket will do.

Reactions: mmi
Hi all, I have a halo9 with a pioneer nd dc8 anyone know where in the back the live and earth wires go?

Hi,
Hoping there's help out there. I bought a pioneer reversing cam from absolut5 for the alpine halo9. I was told to simply run the positive red to the red on the back of the unit snd I assume the black earth goes yo the black earth on unit or earthed near to camera.

Do I need to then run a wire from reversing light positive to unit?

Hi,
Hoping there's help out there. I bought a pioneer reversing cam from absolut5 for the alpine halo9. I was told to simply run the positive red to the red on the back of the unit snd I assume the black earth goes yo the black earth on unit or earthed near to camera.

Do I need to then run a wire from reversing light positive to unit?

depends on the interface behind halo, being in a T6 with factory parking sensors it should be using the correct alpine interface, this already has a reverse feed already

if using a different Interface this may have a loose Lead that has a reverse feed

Camera sorted and did have it working on reverse but stopped so will check the wires behind head unit but still cant get the parking sensors to show up on the unig

Camera sorted and did have it working on reverse but stopped so will check the wires behind head unit but still cant get the parking sensors to show up on the unig
What wiring harness are you using ?

Back