Almost buying a T6 - any advice gratefully received...

Ha ha! My husband never gets involved in chatting on Forums - a) he's just not interested enough and b) he always thinks I get more help as a girl! Sad but true. Of course, just because I have a husband doesn't mean I'm not also a bloke. However, I am not.

And yeah, some posts seem to be written in a different language that I do not understand - and of course us newbies feel a bit stupid asking questions about what is obvious to the rest of you! I'm beyond caring if I look daft - I think that comes with age. But I don't want to be seen as a time-waster. With the best will in the world it is tricky to find everything you need on a forum with this much knowledge. I've been looking for info on chrome/silver side rails (if that's what they're called?)/wing mirrors/door handles...but to no avail...

"Of course, just because I have a husband doesn't mean I'm not also a bloke. However, I am not." :slow rofl:First i discover that your a lass, the not, then is. :slow rofl:

There are plenty of mature people on here. It is easier for those brought up with these vans of course. Not me by the way, first venture with this but I have loads of experience with 4x4 vehicles of various types.

Now these silver rails, are these the bars that run under the side of the vehicle? If you describe where they go and what perhaps they do, then some one may be able to advise you. Let them decide on the eventual name.:)

"Of course, just because I have a husband doesn't mean I'm not also a bloke. However, I am not." :slow rofl:First i discover that your a lass, the not, then is. :slow rofl:

There are plenty of mature people on here. It is easier for those brought up with these vans of course. Not me by the way, first venture with this but I have loads of experience with 4x4 vehicles of various types.

Now these silver rails, are these the bars that run under the side of the vehicle? If you describe where they go and what perhaps they do, then some one may be able to advise you. Let them decide on the eventual name.:)

Oh that made me laugh out loud.

Looking at the video it is actually the trim on the door I think. It is silver, as are the wing mirrors and door handles, and also the top of the back bumper which has little ridges in it. I quite like the way they look but not sure if it is a good or bad thing that they aren't body coloured.

I just need to see the van!!!

As for the punctuation and spelling I am known for it at work - I am the checker! But I wouldn't dream of correcting it on a forum!!!

Fill your boots. :thumbsup:

@Kind of Blue - I used my Twitter knowledge to attempt the tagging! That paid off. As for the punctuation and spelling I am known for it at work - I am the checker! But I wouldn't dream of correcting it on a forum!!! o_O

As for the van - I am nervous that we are making the right choice. We can't afford exactly what we want and wish we'd gone down this road sooner. We've realised we don't want/need all the fancy pantsy stuff up front as long as the back works for us - and as long as it's comfortable for long journeys. I love my tent too much to consider camping in the van so, at least until I get too old, it will be just for use as the family car and days out. I just don't want to get it and then wish it had sliding rails, swivel seats, full carpet, a log burner, Sky TV...:laugh:
Correcting punctuation and spelling on a forum?!! Nah, don’t worry as @Jlo has a thread for that! Be warned though, @Loz and @clarinetbcn have eagle eyes. Posting on that thread should come with a health warning! :)
Edit - thanks for the link @Ali-G

The comments about the H4 lights are worrying. Are they really that bad? We have become very used to very good lights over the years.
And yeah, some posts seem to be written in a different language that I do not understand
I'm not bothered if you're male, female or other, welcome to the forum and to answer as clearly as I can, yes, the H4 headlights are sh1t, really poor. I think that if you are used to really good headlights, you'll find them inadequate. Fortunately, there are solutions, either a factory LED conversion which would cost literally thousands, or aftermarket upgraded headlights such as Transporter HQ, costing hundreds. If you have the chance to buy the right T6 which has factory LED headlights, grab it, or budget for the upgrade if you plan on driving at night.

As a relative newbie myself - a couple of tips! The search feature on here isn’t great and sometimes you may find that google searches the forum better!

Questions are very welcome and, as @Kind of Blue says, there is a wealth of knowledge on here! (Actually, there is an amazing wealth of knowledge on here!). You’ll be surprised how much you’ll learn - i

The forum is very friendly - if people can help they invariably do. There is a lot of friendly and respectful banter as well, unlike some popular social media.

I think that membership is good value for money and gives you access to “How to...” guides amongst other delights. It works out roughly about £1 a month for information, entertainment and a ready of guidance.

Questions are welcome and I have seen occasions when members will tag another member with greater knowledge to step in to help.

Welcome to the forum - you’ve come to the right place!

After spending a few hours with the van at the weekend and assessing a) whether we want/need/can accommodate a van and b) whether it is this particular one that we want, we decided to go for it!!! Beyond excited at the prospect of bringing it home. Just have to work out what colour team to join now as I'm really not sure what colour it officially is! I can't use she or he as the last time I did that to a vehicle I cried when his clutch went and he limped to a standstill, never to be driven again - 8 cars later and I haven't used the s/he pronoun since! On a car anyway.

After spending a few hours with the van at the weekend and assessing a) whether we want/need/can accommodate a van and b) whether it is this particular one that we want, we decided to go for it!!! Beyond excited at the prospect of bringing it home. Just have to work out what colour team to join now as I'm really not sure what colour it officially is! I can't use she or he as the last time I did that to a vehicle I cried when his clutch went and he limped to a standstill, never to be driven again - 8 cars later and I haven't used the s/he pronoun since! On a car anyway.
Photos - lots of them - or it never happened!! :fast rofl:

Photos - lots of them - or it never happened!! :fast rofl:
There will be many! There definitely needs to be more photos on here! And then you can tell me what colour it actually is! I'm guessing it's chestnut brown and unless there is another type of brown that's the one. Here's a sneak peak until I get it. I can then take some proper pics. This is a screenshot off a video!Screenshot_20201209-215554_WhatsApp.jpg

Back