Just had my Judd T311Rs powder coated in black chrome after an incident with a kerb. When I bought them they were Gloss Titanium, and I chose them because I thought (incorrectly) that they weren't diamond cut. Apparently they are, so powder coating should offer more protection from the heinous worm! I've also had them ceramic coated (this was baked on) to help keep them looking good.

I liked the colour against the Indium Grey van, but they got dirty so quickly, and soon looked almost black. The new colour really pops, but isn't bright like silver.

tempImagejaVZmx.png

tempImagedGtER1.png

Just had my Judd T311Rs powder coated in black chrome after an incident with a kerb. When I bought them they were Gloss Titanium, and I chose them because I thought (incorrectly) that they weren't diamond cut. Apparently they are, so powder coating should offer more protection from the heinous worm! I've also had them ceramic coated (this was baked on) to help keep them looking good.

I liked the colour against the Indium Grey van, but they got dirty so quickly, and soon looked almost black. The new colour really pops, but isn't bright like silver.

View attachment 161685

View attachment 161686
They do look good. I wasn’t 100% sold on the gunmetal and grey combination but it does go well IMO. I literally yesterday just purchased a set of Judd T311R in 20” :mexican wave: I’ve chosen the argent silver colour. Bognor Motors had most of the colours in stock to hold against the van and the argent silver was my favourite

View attachment 161685

View attachment 161686
They look awesome, 19s looks the perfect size in my opinion!

I had to see it up close and in person but I have to eat my own words in this thread and agree with @Skyliner33

He had suggested and stated that he would pick silver wheels against a grey van. I wasn’t sold as I thought it just didn’t look as nice.

Trip down to Bognor Motors to see their stock and I’ve chosen and bought my new wheels. Judd T311R 20” 9J ET40 fronts and 10.5J ET40 rears in Argent silver.

As also noted by @WinFreak earlier I’m having the van lowered more as it’ll sit nicer with the new wheels. I believe I’m currently around 35/40mm drop, coming down to 60/65mm drop :thumbsup:

Thanks for everyone’s help and comments. It’s a tough choice selecting wheels!

I had to see it up close and in person but I have to eat my own words in this thread and agree with @Skyliner33

He had suggested and stated that he would pick silver wheels against a grey van. I wasn’t sold as I thought it just didn’t look as nice.

Trip down to Bognor Motors to see their stock and I’ve chosen and bought my new wheels. Judd T311R 20” 9J ET40 fronts and 10.5J ET40 rears in Argent silver.

As also noted by @WinFreak earlier I’m having the van lowered more as it’ll sit nicer with the new wheels. I believe I’m currently around 35/40mm drop, coming down to 60/65mm drop :thumbsup:

What tyres you going to be running on those?

Good choice. I cant see the pics :)

The post you’ve all been waiting for…
Huge thanks to @BognorMotors as always!! Amazing service with providing the wheels, tyres and also readjusting my coilovers followed up by a hunter wheel alignment. I think it looks amazing :inlove: Wasn’t a fan of silver wheels but I think they look amazing. The Judds look so good in person and the quality of them is outstanding. The deep concave on the 10.5J rear looks insane!!

BCC6B2DD-EA32-417B-A0BF-FA90C3D77DC6.jpeg

18C74898-4932-4A51-9FE0-D1B4F761DD51.jpeg

The post you’ve all been waiting for…
Huge thanks to @BognorMotors as always!! Amazing service with providing the wheels, tyres and also readjusting my coilovers followed up by a hunter wheel alignment. I think it looks amazing :inlove: Wasn’t a fan of silver wheels but I think they look amazing. The Judds look so good in person and the quality of them is outstanding. The deep concave on the 10.5J rear looks insane!!

View attachment 163763

View attachment 163764
Perfect choice. The silver works so well on the Indium grey. Glad your happy with the end result.

If anyone else need help with wheels we pretty much deal with all the manufacturers and offer a full mail order service as well as fit on site.

Hi all.

I am just planning some "cheap" wheels... I have the standard highline 16" .

I want the swamper look, so I will get some meaty looking tyres.

I was thinking to keep it all OEM. So maybe some devonport wheels but sprayed.

Do you think black wheels are too dark on indium gray?

For balance, I strongly dislike black wheels (be they matt, satin or gloss) on any colour of van - IMO the wheel design just gets lost in all the blackness.

That's just my opinion and I'm sure others will advise the exact opposite.

Just go with your personal taste and sod what anyone else thinks - it's your money and it's your van that'll be sitting on your driveway.

Interested in responses here as I've pretty much decided to get my standard 16" Claytons powder coated matt or vinyl black on my Mojave Beige van. The various results on this thread made my mind up..

I have gloss black wheel (silver van though) and I love the look with the other black trim and poptop. The gloss isn’t an issue especially after the first 100 miles or so by which time they are Matt anyway!

Back