I have 2 sets of Devonports with both winter and summer tyres. Nokian full winter spec on my van for winter - i ski a lot. They’ve gotten me out of a lot of shit over the years. Great tyre.

Original Continentals for the summer.
Met you a few times at the summer camp with your spaniel !

’Id say the agilis were more aggressive and hard core
I am think it is depends how you use your van. If you want practical benefits like a campervan, I would definitely go with the Agilis. I would not use anything else especially with the low wear.

I am think it is depends how you use your van. If you want practical benefits like a campervan, I would definitely go with the Agilis. I would not use anything else especially with the low wear.
Just ordered a set of Agilis Cross Climates for mine. Black Circles were the best price with a 10% code. Being fitted at my local ATS next week. ATS we’re £80 dearer:geek:

Last edited:
Just ordered a set of Agilis Cross Climates for mine. Black Circles were the best price with a 10% code. Being fitted at my local ATS next week. ATS we’re £80 dearer:geek:
My ATS don’t fit tyres you’ve ordered from another supplier. I ended up buying from them, online, whilst in their fitting centre cos he suggested I do it. You get a better discount online and they matched the price for my Michelin x Climate 2s.

I'm hoping somebody can give me a little guidance on tyre pressures please - I just swapped from 20's to 17's with some 235/65/17 Cross Climate 2 SUV on a full T6.1 campervan conversion. I saw a reference to 42psi but wasnt sure if that was a little low? Advice appreciated please.
Thx

I'm hoping somebody can give me a little guidance on tyre pressures please - I just swapped from 20's to 17's with some 235/65/17 Cross Climate 2 SUV on a full T6.1 campervan conversion. I saw a reference to 42psi but wasnt sure if that was a little low? Advice appreciated please.
Thx

I run 48psi, on 235/55/17 on a LWB camper. Tyre wear seems pretty even.

I've just ordered a pair of Agilis Cross Climates for the front wheels of my van! Got 10% off with Blackcircles. I was surprised when my local trusted fitter said to order them through Blackcircles and then they would fit them. I've faffed over which tyres to buy for my T32 all week since noticing the tyres were very nearly on the wear indicators. Done now - fitting on Wednesday.

I've just ordered a pair of Agilis Cross Climates for the front wheels of my van! Got 10% off with Blackcircles. I was surprised when my local trusted fitter said to order them through Blackcircles and then they would fit them. I've faffed over which tyres to buy for my T32 all week since noticing the tyres were very nearly on the wear indicators. Done now - fitting on Wednesday.
I’ve just had 4 fitted to my van. Similar experience with Blackcircles, 10% off.
So far so good.

Lads, I run 18 inch VW sportline wheels.on an old 2WD T5 we make pictures of wildlife.so I need as much traction as possible off road I've read every page of the all terrain thread same with this. I've been banging my head against this wall for months. Standard suspension upgraded drop links and H and R ARB

Quintiscientialy all terrain suit, but they have caviats on road, which I probably spend more time on. Getting stuck is an epic PITA I drive a lot of tiny lanes which means hauling bus onto grass verges to pass folks. I've nearly come a cropper there let alone grass fields

I run 255/45 r18 103 at the mo......which are limited in options and also seem much more expensive than say 235/55 r 18.which does have a slightly bigger rolling radius, but it's not too bad.yes I'm aware of willtheyfit.

any advice for me please.........I want the 3PMSF and mud and snow markings snow is gold to an image maker .........

.I "ER" back and forth betwixt say general grabber AT3 and crossclimates or Argilis......I was pretty settled on bridgestone weathercontrol but there are concerns in reviews on wear which brought me back to the crossclimate 2 or agilis

Ta for baring with me..............the consensus here, this thread, is that all season have come on so far they are likey a better compromise than all terrain for an on off road user than all terrain how good are all season on a 2WD off road?

take care

stu

Reactions: CAB
Bump ^^^^ same Q's After diging more Agilis crossclimate seemed ideal but unless I'm wrong no 18 inch wheel size..so is there another make of tyre very similar to Mich agilis crossclimate that simialr V shaped tread pattern but only more blocky if ya like than crossclimate 2............ in say 235/55 18 or 255/45 18?

Bump ^^^^ same Q's After diging more Agilis crossclimate seemed ideal but unless I'm wrong no 18 inch wheel size..so is there another make of tyre very similar to Mich agilis crossclimate that simialr V shaped tread pattern but only more blocky if ya like than crossclimate 2............ in say 235/55 18 or 255/45 18?
I run Mich Crossclimates in 235/55/18 and they're ace! Had them a good few years now and they've worn very well and evenly too... I'd personally get the Crossclimate 2 now if I was replacing! Hope that helps.

Second that. Same size and been running them for years. Great for getting out and about in the peaks in winter.
Those sound just the ticket. I'm planning on getting those in my sportline wheels to replace the 255/45/18. Economy is terrible. Hoping a 235 will improve that a bit. Need a T32 tyre unfortunately.
As those aren't a factory size, have you noticed anything like speedo or gearing slightly off? Do you have an snaps?

@dennismo and @TheBadger thank you both so so much for the replies lads !! I've tried to be patient since first post as there is so much info already here didn't want to bother
but I want the job done

Lads are they mich CC2's going to get me off these blummin verges I pull on to as a first.... basically you have both run 'em for years what's your off road take on them?

and can either of you educate me as to why 255/45 seems to be so much more expensive is it a little used size or something ? 255/55 18 seems cheeper which defies logic as it has to have more rubber. The difference between 235/55 and 255/45 seems to be around £50 a corner which is roughly a 1/4 more it's alot of dosh

@PaulR83 I'll defer here to the above folks with knowledge, my take on moving from 255 to 235 isn't about fuel economy though just that bit more give in the greater depth of sidewall making rough roads that bit more comfy and I guess in a small way that massive wheel arch being filled just a bit more.dig a bit and images are here I suspect that the bigger tyre in my case will prreddy much put my speedo bang on as mine runs under according but it's an old T5 so maybe not relevent to you

Ta michly

forgive me :rofl:

on a note about the Crossclimate 2, I have a few concerns after 12k miles. I run 103 load SUV XL Crossclimate 2 tyres. I am very careful with my driving and never drive on kerbs. However in some conditions the steering recently started to vibrate in a strange pattern. Decided to have the wheel
Balanced, all 4 were off balance with 3 tyres on 45g weight, one 60g! Evenly worn, nothing to notice. I will get the alignment done tomorrow and report later if this has anything to do with the Crossclimate2.

Not had CC2s on a van (still waiting delivery…) but had them on front wheel and AWD cars. Absolutely no issue with verges and snow. I believe they are stamped M+S.

Back