SUV CC2's.

...I really struggled a few days ago in a lot less snow than I've previously attacked that particular hill. I actually put the snow socks in the van today, which ( apart from skiing ) I've never done before in this country, such is my lack of confidence in them.
Is its possible that there was a lot more ice than on other test days?

I love my CC2 suv's on 20 rims. 4000 miles in they are still looking new unlike my last set of incontinentals bought new in February last year.
The CC2's have performed as I would have expected on wet fields muddy lanes and very wet roads, freezing roads this week when I'm too much of a wuss to go to work on two wheels!
I'm hoping for longevity with these, I won't be put off them especially considering the amount of snow we don't get much of in the West Midlands.
My next set? Same again please!

I'm the process of considering a new set of tyres and possibly wheels for my T6 4motion.
Previously on my T5 i had bfg ko2 in 245/65/17 on the Devonports with 20mm spacers. Looked great, the gearing was probably a little too far out for my liking and road performance wasn't great.
I'm ideally looking for something that is better on the road, great in the snow (multiple alpine trips) and doesn't look lost in the arches.
I keep coming back to the agilis crossclimate or cooper discoverers AT3. Agilis i feel will look a little small in the available sizes and the discoverers too large in the 235/65/16.
Anyone have any other options or thoughts?

I'm the process of considering a new set of tyres and possibly wheels for my T6 4motion.
Previously on my T5 i had bfg ko2 in 245/65/17 on the Devonports with 20mm spacers. Looked great, the gearing was probably a little too far out for my liking and road performance wasn't great.
I'm ideally looking for something that is better on the road, great in the snow (multiple alpine trips) and doesn't look lost in the arches.
I keep coming back to the agilis crossclimate or cooper discoverers AT3. Agilis i feel will look a little small in the available sizes and the discoverers too large in the 235/65/16.
Anyone have any other options or thoughts?
I have Michelin Agilis Crossclimates on the front wheels of my van. The van is lowered by that very nice chap Steve at CRS and has spacers. I want to add these same tyres to the back when they need replacing. (Please excuse the state of the van, we were on holiday in it last week and I’ve not had time to clean it).

IMG_3724.jpeg

IMG_3723.jpeg

IMG_3722.jpeg

Last edited:
Look at the Michelin Cross Climate 2. Fantastic all year round tyre. We are a black circle dealer and fully fitted these are currently sat at £163 each fitted - If not local to us look online and find your nearest dealer.

It’s just the size I’m looking at are £250-£300 a corner.
I love my CC2's, great for the UK general climate, wet grass mud and a bit of white stuff, but if you are going to do multiple frozen excursions, you really need those Agilis. The question is what will Oli do for you? I've heard rumours he's a good bloke!

I love my CC2's, great for the UK general climate, wet grass mud and a bit of white stuff, but if you are going to do multiple frozen excursions, you really need those Agilis. The question is what will Oli do for you? I've heard rumours he's a good bloke!
The CCs look good. Still got my heart set on the Agilis. Thinking of finding some 8" wheels to compliment the 235/60/17R

Look at the Michelin Cross Climate 2. Fantastic all year round tyre. We are a black circle dealer and fully fitted these are currently sat at £163 each fitted - If not local to us look online and find your nearest dealer.
What size is that Oli? Mine are 265/40/20 and I can't find them anywhere for near that :D Id happily pay that!!

I went for full winters and run them year round, a more modern tyre that performs much better than a 'van tyre' with a 103 load rating Bridgestone Blizzak LM 005 215/65 R17 103H XL Also plenty of sidewall to make the really practical on UK (s**t) roads Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 11.00.42.png

Back