All elec dead

Pethew

Can anyone shed some light on this one .. When out this morning to go to work , turn the key the dash lights came on as normal then when I tried to start all went out , nothing live , no interior lights no nothing , door would not lock etc etc .. it happen with the wife , but just thought she must have done something wrong.. ( T6 Kombi 2016)

Any ideas , its booked in at the main dealer on Friday to see if they can find the issue .

PS when it happen to the wife it started about 10 minutes later , I couldn’t wait and had to get a lift to work , fingers crossed will start when I get home .

The symptons you describe sound very much like a flat battery, seeing that it started afterwards and wasnt flat sounds like an issue/loose connection around the battery/main feed cables or similar
My guess would be if the battery terminals are not loose it will be an issue in the E box underneath the battery (Fuse box A) but then thats what dealers and warranty are for

Hi Pauly , busy modifying (trashing) the van electrics sort of sorted . But noticed today no interior lights . All the time mods were being done always the interior lights worked .
Looking at fuse diagrams lower dash light switch fuse 8 is not on my van , only got the centre three lines of fuses and some relay to the right. Checked all small fuses 5 and 7.5 and none blown . Do any one know where I might find the supply feed to the interior lighting so l can check the feed in ?
Many thanks , Stampie.

Interior lights is fuse 5 on the lower dash fusebox.
Have seen/heard of a few instances now where a blown fuse has been replaced but the fault code needed to be cleared before the circuit powered back up !
I have noticed when working on mine that if certain connections are broken the whole circuit shuts down for example if you unplug the large block connector in the roof at the rear which disconnects rear lights/tailgate it will take out the complete interior lights/step lights

Pauly where do I send the the bottle of wine ? Lower dash from bottom left , up 5 including the 4 square fuses , a 7.5 a fuse blown , replaced all interior lights working :):):) happy bunny. Thank you Stampie

Can anyone shed some light on this one .. When out this morning to go to work , turn the key the dash lights came on as normal then when I tried to start all went out , nothing live , no interior lights no nothing , door would not lock etc etc .. it happen with the wife , but just thought she must have done something wrong.. ( T6 Kombi 2016)

Any ideas , its booked in at the main dealer on Friday to see if they can find the issue .

PS when it happen to the wife it started about 10 minutes later , I couldn’t wait and had to get a lift to work , fingers crossed will start when I get home .

My money would be on a loose battery connection or faulty negative shunt.

Back