Alarm Movement Sensor - disabling for sleeping / leaving dogs / windows ajar [thread merge]

Lee

T6 Pro
Hi all,

Couple of questions:

1) Is it possible to disable the alarm if locking from the inside?
2) If we lock the van with the pop top up, is the alarm likely to go off?

Appreciate any advice.

Cheers
Lee

—————————
Answer
I've learnt the hard way and this is how I lock my van.. hopefully this will cover all aspects

NIGHT TIME GOING TO BED
Lock whole van with button by the window controls NOT fob: MOTION SENSORS DISABLED - you can move about no problem.
Get up middle of night to go outside for whatever reason: 2 PULLS ON SIDE DOOR HANDLE 1st to unlock it 2nd to open it;
To re-lock side door PUSH DOWN BUTTON ON SIDE DOOR all van doors still locked - to open the rest of the van in the morning use the key fob as normal.

GOING OUT WITH POP TOP UP
Shut all the doors on the van and
OPEN DRIVERS DOOR, push the switch on the B-pillar - it will turn from RED to YELLOW:
motion sensors are now disabled;
lock van on fob with 1 click - VAN IS LOCKED.
If you have forgotten something and unlock van you WILL have to go through the above procedure again as it reverts back to full alarm.

LEAVING PET OR CHILD IN VAN WITH OR WITHOUT POP-TOP UP
same procedure as GOING OUT WITH POP-TOP UP

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a button down on the drivers side a pillar that disables the interior sensors. when I'm sleeping in the van I just use the local button on the drivers door though id love another switch to do this in the rear.

I've got a button down on the drivers side a pillar that disables the interior sensors. when I'm sleeping in the van I just use the local button on the drivers door though id love another switch to do this in the rear.
It's a common feature in VAG vehicles my Yeti has one in same place

I tried this the other night whilst sleeping in the van. The one on my B pillar is for the tow sensor though.
Is there anyway the van can be locked to show the door led flashing, but the interior sensors disabled?

I don't lock my van with the remote, I've got a switch in the rear door panel that disables the out door handle. And I just push the front and side door lock buttons down. Job done! Found locking with the remote and pressing the button is ok until someone wants the loo in the night. Because when you relock and press the b pillar button it doesn't turn off the inner sensors. You need to reset the system by turning the ignition on, which is a pain to do if the seats have been turned.

That's what I would normally do if on a campsite.
I'd arrived to site a couple of hours early in one of the not so good areas of London so decided to have a stealth nap on the back seat. I'd just rather of had the little light blinking rather than someone waking me up trying the door!

I am sure that when we slept in our kombi ,we just press the door lock button on the door ,and the alarm doesn't activate .

We use the lock button on the drivers door.
Locks everything; we often wild camp and we feel secure with it locked.

@Pauly I am seeing the potential need for a new wiring kit here with a switch to open the tailgate from inside and another to disable the outside handle if required.

I did think about it but it only requires a kit if you are going down the OE parts route but doesnt seem logical as there is no button illumination feed in the tailgate so you would be paying all that money for an illuminated switch that doesnt illuminate ?!?!
If people want an OE switch/trim/connector just let me know and i can sort it

May I ask those who sleep in their van, how do you secure it (i.e. door locking)when inside at night given the alarm, which I assume my Highline has.
Admittedly, my staffi cross would take a dip view of a stranger entering her space without me introducing them!!!!
Thanks

open drivers door, press the alarm button on the b pillar next to the drivers seat, close door, lock van!

before you open the van door make sure you use the fob to unlock it or the alarm will sound.

I just manually press all the buttons down...I do the front 2 when the screens go up, the back door when the curtains get closed and the sliding door when I've been for my last wee...then if up in the night for a further wee (woman of a certain age), just bob the button down when I get back...simples.

After years of tent camping with nothing but a bit of canvas and zips between us and any would be intruders we don't bother locking the van when we are in it at night. Maybe if we were wild camping and/or camping on our own a bit more we would consider locking though.

We always lock up now, as once we were on a campsite and awoke to find one of the front doors wide open. We are sure someone was intending to seal stuff but got scared off.

Back