Alarm and surf-key question

Jerry Wales

VIP Member
Does anybody know if:

On my T5.1 I am able to lock the vehicle manually using an unchipped key and then a couple of hours later unlock the vehicle without setting off the alarm. That allows me to take the unchipped key sailing without the risk of getting the electronics in the standard key wet.

On the T6 while I can the lock the vehicle with the unchipped key the alarm goes off when its unlocked. It's not the end of the world but a little anti-social.

It seems to be OK for the first minute or so, but at some point the alarm turns on again.

I have tried switching the interior monitoring system off but the perimeter alarm is still active.

Can anyone help.

Thanks

Just having a check over here..

T6 Owners Manual: (Behold the Book Of Knowledge)
T6 Owners Manual

Have a look from pg37.

Screenshot_20190126-101419_Word.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for responding. I cannot find anything on there to help (have I missed something) and nothing that I can find to help in my owners manual.

There is a setting that lets you open the door and turn on the ignition that disables the alarm I think...

I believe this only works with a chipped key Loz, as otherwise anyone could just jemmy the lock & disable the alarm

There is a setting that lets you open the door and turn on the ignition that disables the alarm I think...
I

Works Doblo sets the alarm off if I use the non remote key to unlock the door, just need to turn the ignition on to stop it.
Probably as described earlier, if the door was opened by nefarious means you'd want the alarm to go off and there are no alarm antennas near the lock to pick up the chip in the key.

Thank you to all that have responded. I think I now understand that while I can lock the van with a blank key (which also arms the alarm) the only way to turn the alarm off is either with the remote or turn the ignition on. I guess that makes sense from a security point of view.

Thank you to all that have responded. I think I now understand that while I can lock the van with a blank key (which also arms the alarm) the only way to turn the alarm off is either with the remote or turn the ignition on. I guess that makes sense from a security point of view.
Hi Jerry (RS700!)

I take my single rubber key sailing and lock the van with that key and when I unlock my alarm does not trigger, I don't know why or how but will look at it next time I'm in the van.

Kind Regards

Nick

Hi Jerry (RS700!)

I take my single rubber key sailing and lock the van with that key and when I unlock my alarm does not trigger, I don't know why or how but will look at it next time I'm in the van.

Kind Regards

Nick
Do you have a highline ? This is the only model that has full factory fitted alarm

Hi Jerry (RS700!)

Kind Regards

Nick
Hi Nick

As you say I also had been using a blank for the last 8 years without issue on the T5.1. The new T6 Highline with the full factory alarm does not give me that option.

It's been doing my head in, but the good folk on this forum have guided me to enlightenment. At least I now understand. What to do with the key now
is another question.

Just bought a 2019 T6 Transporter Highline, which is at the moment being converted into a campervan.
Hoping to find the answer to two questions:

- where can I find a pdf owners manual for my vehicle?
- does anyone know whether it has a Thatcham 1 alarm and immobiliser or Thatcham 2 immobiliser fitted?

Thank you

Just bought a 2019 T6 Transporter Highline, which is at the moment being converted into a campervan.
Hoping to find the answer to two questions:

- where can I find a pdf owners manual for my vehicle?
- does anyone know whether it has a Thatcham 1 alarm and immobiliser or Thatcham 2 immobiliser fitted?

Thank you
There’s a good selection of manual information available on this Forum to VIP members, it can be viewed and / or downloaded.
A Highline has Thatcham 1 but the internal motion sensor only works in the cab area.

DXX
Thank you for the heads up on the alarm system, makes things easier for the insurance, I hope.
Only been a member for a week so still find way around forum.
Cheers

Back