Aircon Panel Illumination.

BoroBoy

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Hi,
Can anybody enlighten me as to the fuse location for aircon control illumination, or any other reason why the AC light and Recirculation lights are not working.

Thanks.

did they work before?

(the back light is part of the dimmer ambient circuit for the whole dash)

upload_2019-12-12_15-24-24-png.56256

got a pic?

Yes they were working. I have been removing some of the lower dash, so maybe I have dislodged something. All the rest of dash lighting is working. I thought the aircon panel may have been on a different circuit.
I will go out and get a pic.

I’d check all the plugs on the back.

The AC and Recirc buttons do not light up when pressed. Could it be fuse problem?

so its totally dead?

the night ambient illumination doesn't work . . .

nor do the functions?

AC & Recirc?

It looks like it. Went for a drive tonight and nothing worked on the aircon unit.

Looks like the HVAC (J301) unit is connected to the BMC (J519) via CANH/LA

and Illumination feed,

also separate power and grounds . . .

fuses are mentioned: SC24, SC42, SC15, SC30 along with others,

upload_2020-2-16_20-12-11.pngupload_2020-2-16_20-12-25.pngupload_2020-2-16_20-13-55.png

Last edited:
your need to start checking ALL the fuses.

with the ignition ON, use a meter or testlight to touch each side of the fuse (in situ)

a good fuse will show power on bothe sides.

a bad fuse will show power on one side only.

T6 Fuse Layout SC,SD,SF (NON-CALI)

Fuse Card

What is a test light? Is it home made or can I buy one that measures low voltage?

Test light is a great wee tool to see if there is power coming from a terminal or fuse , looks like a screw driver with a crocodile clip to clamp to a negitive post, you then touch the tip of the test lamp to the positive terminal or fuse in this case and if it lights up then you have power , IV it dosent then you don't and you have found a problem

Circuit Tester 6V - 24V

Like this one but there are plenty out there

I have checked the fuses. S15 - no fuse in place,
S24 good, S30 good, S42 good.
I removed the controller from the dashboard, blower is working from the centre knob. AC and Recirc button, no lights when button pressed.

Think you need to get a scan from the van and see what fault codes you are getting

If you have been inside the lower dash then theres a good chance this is self inflicted and something simple unplugged or dislodged, what work have you been doing in the dash ?

Fitting a Kenwood amp to my aftermarket head unit. Things are awfully tight in their with 2 new looks for the amp.

Back